Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:06 PM

8 posts, read 27,544 times

Advertisements

Hi all, so almost a month ago I made out with a guy when drunk. He had been texting me being all flirty the entire week, and I was interested, but purely in just wanting to hook up with someone. The next week he continued to do the same, and we ended up hooking up again, drunk, that weekend. Just to add, he is one of those guys that will text you lots but when he sees you in public he doesn't say much, but will text you soon afterwards. We did not have sex, although we both wanted to (no protection). I gave him a hand job and we just did other stuff, no oral though. He left that morning and kissed me on the cheek. We texted a few times during the week, it was me initiating conversation though those few times. BAsically I just wanted to put it out there that I was interested in hooking up again. (I just got out of a relationship and just kinda want to hook up with someone). That weekend I asked him if he was free, and he said he wasn't sure but he would let me know shortly. I said that was cool, and he texted me one more time after that. After that he never texted again, never said anything about hanging. And I just left it at that, I figured he wasn't interested. A week later I saw him at school at a review session (in grad school), and neither of us said anything to each other. I have since seen him at school, but he is ignoring me. I know he has seen me every time I've seen him. Yesterday we made eye contact (haven't made eye contact any of the other few times I have seen him), but he just ignored me. I understand him being a guy and just wanting sex and all, that's cool, I wanted the same too. But I don't understand why he needs to ignore me... I guess did I annoy him by asking him to come over a few times? Maybe he thought I was getting feelings for him or something..Confused! Because I hate ignoring people and being ignored, especially when I know I will be seeing them a lot. Small school and all, in all the same classes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Ignore him and move on. He's not interested.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:14 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,678 times
I'll comment as I read...

Quote:
Hi all, so almost a month ago I made out with a guy when drunk
You probably need to find another guy.

Quote:
hooking up again
You didn't hook up the first time, lol.

Quote:
Maybe he thought I was getting feelings for him or something
What he thought was "Wow, that was easy...I need to concentrate on finding the right girl though..."

He'll probably get bored one night and ask to 'seal the deal'. But, he doesn't like you like that...you offered him easy sex and he's taking his time collecting on it, knowing that it was 'easy come, easy go...' should you change your mind.

And, that's exactly how girls start to develop feelings for a guy...as evidenced by this thread..lol

So, be aware that it generally doesn't happen like that...I'm just saying.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:15 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
What to do?

Take a hint.

Also, grow up. Grad school is too old to be hooking up drunk with guys you KNOW are dogs and then continually wondering WHY it isn't working out.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Ignore his lame arse. Go hit on a guy.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,000,438 times
Clearly these were instances of "hooking up" when under the influence. There was never anything there of substance.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:37 PM

8 posts, read 27,544 times
Well obviously I took a hint, I haven't contacted him or acknowledged him. I guess it's just annoying to me, and kinda a blow to my ego. That's never happened to me before.. But I mean I kinda just wanted to fool around, i don't know about having sex though. I don't care if that's all he wanted, I understand. Also, I really hope he just doesn't think that like I liked him in that way or am stalking him, because I keep seeing him more and more now, randomly. And it's kinda awkward obviously.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:47 PM

878 posts, read 941,944 times
Reading this thread, I am experiencing extreme intra-crainal pressure. I'm not ready to die, please stop.

OP: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Old 11-21-2013, 03:49 PM

878 posts, read 941,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linym View Post
Well obviously I took a hint, I haven't contacted him or acknowledged him. I guess it's just annoying to me, and kinda a blow to my ego. That's never happened to me before.. But I mean I kinda just wanted to fool around, i don't know about having sex though. I don't care if that's all he wanted, I understand. Also, I really hope he just doesn't think that like I liked him in that way or am stalking him, because I keep seeing him more and more now, randomly. And it's kinda awkward obviously.
It is awkward because you choose to make it awkward. Stop it. Quit getting wrapped up in nonsense like this. You're an adult, time to grow up.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:50 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ignore him and move on. He's not interested.
Pretty much this. Most of the time (if not all of the time) a guy stops contacting you, he's no longer interested. It stinks, but that's the way it happens a lot of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships