Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,205,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Or our race would exist but we'd all look like Brad Pitt, since all of our parents and grandparents had to look like him in order to reproduce.

Either way, the idea that only hot people get laid is ridiculous. Average-looking and unattractive-looking people reproduce sexually all the time, otherwise new average or unattractive people would never be born.
Not true. I have seen attractive couples with the homliest kids and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 12:49 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,608,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Not true. I have seen attractive couples with the homliest kids and vice versa.
There can be short-term exceptions due to recessive genes, but over the course of hundreds or thousands of generations if only people with a certain look were reproducing, we'd all end up with that look. Of course, we'd also all be inbred, which would create other problems, so thankfully in real life nearly everyone gets laid.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,641,568 times
Quote:
Or our race would exist but we'd all look like Brad Pitt, since all of our parents and grandparents had to look like him in order to reproduce.

Either way, the idea that only hot people get laid is ridiculous. Average-looking and unattractive-looking people reproduce sexually all the time, otherwise new average or unattractive people would never be born.
well okay fine, yeah we wouldn't be extinct. wouldn't be nearly as many of us though. Yeah I was just trying to point out that thinking you have to be good looking or your totally out of luck is just an excuse, plain n' simple. I've seen truly ugly men with good looking women, and the dude's weren't rich. That was proof enough for me.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,704,385 times
I would say Interesting, not better but interesting.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Yeah I was just trying to point out that thinking you have to be good looking or your totally out of luck is just an excuse, plain n' simple.
I know. I was agreeing with you.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundOfMuzak View Post
No, it wouldn't. A guy produces millions of sperm cells every minute. A woman produces 1 egg every month. Brad Pitt could impregnate an entire nation of women. The women would probably be okay sharing him. You see this principle on a micro scale. Any guy who has ever been in a fraternity knows that there will be 1 guy in his house who every sorority girl wants to go out with. Maybe there will 2 or 3 guys like that. Regardless, the point is that women are attracted to only the most desirable men, while men are attracted to any sufficiently good-looking woman, any woman who is above-average in looks and takes care of her appearance.
quoting the behavior that goes on in frats doesn't help your case. Thats a bubble of ridiculousness filled with immature under the influence teenagers, not really reality. Even still, that one frat guy isn't the only one who gets some, am I right?

The evolved high level men doesn't go for any woman who is decent enough looking, they look for more than that. They have options and don't need women's approval to feel good about themselves, which makes them powerful and attractive, makes them choosers. Why would you choose to spend any amount of time/intimate contact with a woman who is at any level of physical attractiveness but who is a truly awful human being? who's selfish/self centered, materialistic, judgmental, cold, etc?

Old 12-01-2013, 01:01 PM

324 posts, read 441,667 times
Forget about trying to look better or built confidence.

The key is lots and lots of money !! You can be a mute and still have a hot one as long as you got the Benjamin !! True story !

Old 12-01-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I know. I was agreeing with you.
lol I was agreeing with you too. Just kind of re-affirming to the guys out there that can't get past this limiting belief.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
lol I was agreeing with you too. Just kind of re-affirming to the guys out there that can't get past this limiting belief.
I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I think they're probably a lost cause. It's too bad they can't start their own forum and leave the rest of us to discuss reality.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:34 PM

377 posts, read 620,677 times
Yes, but for most unattractive guys, simply going to the gym and getting to a low bodyfat percentage is not going to do much at all. It's all about the face, and there's not much most unattractive men can do about their appearance that will ever make them appealing to women, unfortunately.

In general, only a very naive person buys the whole "confidence" thing. It's just a way for women to describe what they like about attractive men without actually coming out and saying it, since it's taboo for some reason for women to be superficial in society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships