Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:05 PM

135 posts, read 150,295 times

Advertisements

What do you think you do that separates you from everybody else?

How do you meet women? Do you cold approach? Are you able to strike up a 15-20 minute conversation with a random woman and get a date in many cases?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 09:11 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Typically such guys are usually the best looking guy in the room. If you don't fall into that category, networking, being social, and try, try again. and again. and again. an again. and again. and again

Old 03-11-2014, 09:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
I've been married for over 8 years now, but before I was I cold approached (much the way you already described), I met people on line (both in dating sites and a couple from sports-related forums), and sometimes I even got approached.

It was all about recognizing opportunity and not letting it pass you by. Which can also explain why I am married now. I recognized what I had with the woman who would eventually be my wife and I wasn't letting it go!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:16 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
What do you think you do that separates you from everybody else?

How do you meet women? Do you cold approach? Are you able to strike up a 15-20 minute conversation with a random woman and get a date in many cases?
I am not good with dating and I am not good with women. I have had kissed two women but I have not had sex or had a serious relationship with a woman.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:17 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I've been married for over 8 years now, but before I was I cold approached (much the way you already described), I met people on line (both in dating sites and a couple from sports-related forums), and sometimes I even got approached.

It was all about recognizing opportunity and not letting it pass you by. Which can also explain why I am married now. I recognized what I had with the woman who would eventually be my wife and I wasn't letting it go!
I agree with this, and I will add the fact that you need to be SOCIAL and put yourself out there. Have fun when you cold approach don't go out just with the purpose of talking to women. Go with the purpose of having fun, and meet women within that frame.

Cold approaching is not just for good looking guys, I totally disagree with average male on that point. You can do just as well just have the confidence, personality, and charisma and you will be fine.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post

The men I have dated exclusively did not have this approach at all. All except one were introverts, and didn't have the greatest success with finding whatever they were searching for.

My boyfriend spent five years on and off OKC, and I'm the third woman he's dated that he met online (his fifth relationship total). So his success wasn't great if we're talking numbers only. It really depends on how one defines "success."

I wouldn't respond well to the type you mention.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
The men I have dated exclusively did not have this approach at all. All except one were introverts, and didn't have the greatest success with finding whatever they were searching for.

My boyfriend spent five years on and off OKC, and I'm the third woman he's dated that he met online (his fifth relationship total). So his success wasn't great if we're talking numbers only. It really depends on how one defines "success."

I wouldn't respond well to the type you mention.

The type of guy I'm talking about would not be the loud, abrasive personality you are thinking off

Hell there are times I feel very courageous and will start talking to random people and I think I am a very nice and a genuine person

Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
I don't know about being great at it, but I had no problem approaching women.

Ever been at a bar and watched and noticed how a group of good looking girls can sit there all night and nobody really approaches them? Just having the balls to approach them is half the battle.

Other women see you talking to them and all of a sudden they have their eyes on you. Their competitive side kicks in, and now you got several women giving you 'the look'.

bada boom bada bing blow job...I'm kinda kidding, it's not that easy, but's nowhere as difficult as shy guys think it is.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
bada boom bada bing blow job...I'm kinda kidding, it's not that easy, but's nowhere as difficult as shy guys think it is.
Unless of course, the woman you approach has a personality more like Metaphysique's. OP, that's something else you need to consider. No matter how confident you are, some women are just not open to being cold approached. If that's not how they are wired, there's nothing you can do about it.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I don't know about being great at it, but I had no problem approaching women.

Ever been at a bar and watched and noticed how a group of good looking girls can sit there all night and nobody really approaches them? Just having the balls to approach them is half the battle.

Other women see you talking to them and all of a sudden they have their eyes on you. Their competitive side kicks in, and now you got several women giving you 'the look'.

so give me some real info here

Can you approach women and get a date a good percentage of the time? Do those dates turn into anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships