Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 11:01 AM

219 posts, read 566,715 times

Advertisements

I have only spoken to this woman twice, just pleasantries so far.

Anyways, we're talking, and she mentions that she is moving next month. I asked her why she is moving, and she said it's because she's getting a divorce.

Now, at this point, as I don't know her at all, I figure she'd stop it there, but she continues and tells me what jackass her husband is (her word, not mine) and how she calls her ugly and fat, and she can't wait to move.

I didn't know what to do, so I gave her a hug and told her she's a beautiful woman (again, had no idea what to do).

Could her venting about her husband mean anything? Why would she pick me to vent to? Does it mean more than just venting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 11:03 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Are you interested in her?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:07 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post

Anyways, we're talking, and she mentions that she is moving next month. I asked her why she is moving, and she said it's because she's getting a divorce.

Now, at this point, as I don't know her at all, I figure she'd stop it there, but she continues and tells me what jackass her husband is (her word, not mine) and how she calls her ugly and fat, and she can't wait to move.

I didn't know what to do, so I gave her a hug and told her she's a beautiful woman (again, had no idea what to do).

Could her venting about her husband mean anything? Why would she pick me to vent to? Does it mean more than just venting?
If you're a man (assuming you are), it could just be that she is looking for reaffirmation from a man. It sounds like she was in an awful marriage and just wants to hear something positive from a man. I'm sure her life is pretty ugly right now and she is hurting. Is it right for her to vent to you? Who knows. Her intentions could be a million different things. I'd keep a safe distance out of her personal life until you get to know her better, you don't want her seeing you as a "rebound" or the man to fix her issues.

Not trying to jump to very big conclusions here, but it could become that. You're in a world of hurt going through a divorce. I watched my mother flock to men/crave their attention when she was getting her divorce. My parents had an awful marriage and they both treated each other like crap.

I wouldn't read too far into it. Are you interested in her?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:09 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,593 times
She may think you are a good listener, or seem compassionate in some way. Maybe she was feeling vulnerable in reference to the husband and was looking for a man's support. Don't take it to personal, it could have been Larry the Cableguy at that moment

Old 12-07-2013, 11:11 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Some people tell their problems to anyone who will listen.

706 posts, read 1,205,801 times
When people are going through a tough time they'll tell you bits about it, but sometimes it opens the floodgates and words pour like water, and then before you know it you're telling strangers your life story. It's sad when people burden others with their troubles.

219 posts, read 566,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
If you're a man (assuming you are), it could just be that she is looking for reaffirmation from a man. It sounds like she was in an awful marriage and just wants to hear something positive from a man. I'm sure her life is pretty ugly right now and she is hurting. Is it right for her to vent to you? Who knows. Her intentions could be a million different things. I'd keep a safe distance out of her personal life until you get to know her better, you don't want her seeing you as a "rebound" or the man to fix her issues.

Not trying to jump to very big conclusions here, but it could become that. You're in a world of hurt going through a divorce. I watched my mother flock to men/crave their attention when she was getting her divorce. My parents had an awful marriage and they both treated each other like crap.

I wouldn't read too far into it. Are you interested in her?
Thanks for the great reply! I suspect you are right on.

Snip.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-08-2013 at 09:59 PM..

Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:

Most likely nothing. She just needed someone to vent to and you happened to be there when she needed it.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:21 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:

Sometimes you have to figure these things out for yourself, because running to the internet to ask other people will never tell you what she is actually thinking.

Every time a question is asked here in place of asking the actual person, all you're getting is guesses, and all you're doing is making assumptions from those guesses, picking the response you like best, that works in your favor.

What did people do before the internet? They listened to their gut, and they learned through trial and error for themselves. You'll never learn to rely on gut instinct if you never use it. And I don't mean this only for you, but for anyone who wonders what someone meant and asks other people to speak on that person's behalf.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:23 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,098,308 times
There's no way to know if she was just venting to you or if she was trying to let you know she was soon to be available. Being that it sounds like she was griping about her husband a lot, I would lean towards venting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships