Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
There are woman I would ask out but they have way too much going for them.
So a relationship for you is a power trip? She has to be less successful, earn less, and not have much going on for her in order for you to be comfortable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Nah. If you don't make it into nursing school, you can go be a dental hygienist or something like that. That's pretty good as well.

$19/hr isn't actually too bad, I just think a lot of women don't want to date a man who does retail (no offense). A lot of women are funny like that. They won't date a guy who works at Best Buy but will DROOL over a firefighter.
Well a lot of firefighters are more ripped then the occtomoms vigina when she had those 8 kids.

I am sure it helps as well as saving peoples lives.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So a relationship for you is a power trip? She has to be less successful, earn less, and not have much going on for her in order for you to be comfortable?
No I think it is great that a woman can do what ever she wants in life.if I do not have anything going for me I have to prove it to her I am not a loser.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:37 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Well a lot of firefighters are more ripped then the occtomoms vigina when she had those 8 kids.

I am sure it helps as well as saving peoples lives.
Firefighters are pretty respectable. Not sure why that poster was picking on them.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
I have learned a few things in life. One being that wherever you go, there you are. It essentially means that no matter what circumstances you are in, you are always going to react the same. So when you end up as an RN you will retain the defeatist, insecure, diffident attitude you exhibit now. Having a better job won't fix any of that and if you think it will, you are deluding yourself.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:48 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Well woman around her will throw it in your face.
No, they won't and definitely don't. Nice assumption, though.

Quote:
If a girl I was dating made more than me I always be wounding why is she dating me and then I have to get a 2nd job so she would not dump me LOL. Also if a girl is making 2x as much as me I am like well I better do what ever to keep her happy.
This is just another example of your attitude and not your job/school situation holding you back from being happy.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:56 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Firefighters are pretty respectable. Not sure why that poster was picking on them.
I'm not knocking on firefighters. I was just trying to use an example of a high status job versus a low status job where the pay might be comparable.

I don't think there's anything wrong with working at Best Buy either. But the difference in appeal between that and being a firefighter is tremendous.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
I'm not knocking on firefighters. I was just trying to use an example of a high status job versus a low status job where the pay might be comparable.

I don't think there's anything wrong with working at Best Buy either. But the difference in appeal between that and being a firefighter is tremendous.
The employee discount at best buy is awesome!
My car would be slammin if I worked there.
I mean 150 db's slammin. In a civic, for no reason slammin. Blasting Tupac and Eminem with the widows down and the volume up!

But since I'm getting older, I'd use ear plugs, my stereo back in the day did too much damage already.

Every now and then I'd rock some Journey and Disturbed just to mix it up a little.

Ya know, variety..... at 150 db's... with ear plugs.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I have learned a few things in life. One being that wherever you go, there you are. It essentially means that no matter what circumstances you are in, you are always going to react the same. So when you end up as an RN you will retain the defeatist, insecure, diffident attitude you exhibit now. Having a better job won't fix any of that and if you think it will, you are deluding yourself.
"When"? I'd say that's a big "IF" right now. Getting the degree doesn't make someone an RN. Landing that first job does. And I'd say that finishing the program, getting experience and landing that first job take WAY more discipline, clarity and gumption than the OP has right now.

You've got a lot to work on right now, OP, and I don't mean just academics. I mean re: yourself and the obstacles you burden yourself with. The mental obstacles. Your mind is sabotaging you.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Yep it is true if a woman went on two blind dates guess what guy she sleep with and date we all know what guy she pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships