Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 09:05 PM

11 posts, read 31,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgirl80 View Post
Now this is starting to all sound fake. You are broke after buying a plane ticket from London to NYC yet you were holding fundraisers in the apartment for the future Mayor? Sell your thousands in property and get yourself a studio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Do you think ...?

Her boyfriend is posting on another thread, famous male model. Complaining about the poor.
He is not a model. I came to this site under recommendation of a friend to seek help but clearly all of you find it a joke. I wouldn't wish whAt I'm going through on my worst enemy. I hope it never happens to any of you. I was happier in London when I had a stable job and my own rental. Now I'm going through hell. Support is something New Yorkers are incapable of. I'm shocked the two of you have high recommendations from posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Too many things do not make sense here.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLazareva View Post
He is not a model. I came to this site under recommendation of a friend to seek help but clearly all of you find it a joke. I wouldn't wish whAt I'm going through on my worst enemy. I hope it never happens to any of you. I was happier in London when I had a stable job and my own rental. Now I'm going through hell. Support is something New Yorkers are incapable of. I'm shocked the two of you have high recommendations from posters.
Maybe you should return to London.

And I'm not saying that to be mean. If your family's in London and you previously had a job and your own place, is there any reason why you must be in NYC?

And also, there is nothing any of us can do here in regards to your boyfriend. He kicked you out. If he is bipolar, is it wise to try to sue your way back into his apartment? What if he gets violent? Unless you can work things out with him I'd say don't bother to go back.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Maybe you should return to London.

And I'm not saying that to be mean. If your family's in London and you previously had a job and your own place, is there any reason why you must be in NYC?

And also, there is nothing any of us can do here in regards to your boyfriend. He kicked you out. If he is bipolar, is it wise to try to sue your way back into his apartment? What if he gets violent? Unless you can work things out with him I'd say don't bother to go back.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm originally from here and would like to stay in the city I love. Plus I am starting to work here at a company I have wanted to work for for some time in January so I hope to be able to get back on my feet then. In terms of the guy - we have been through rough patches before and I hope we could resolve things when he gets back on his medication. I know it's not necessarily a good idea but I still have hope. But until he stops acting like a child and speaks to me nothing can be resolved and I won't have closure. I'm caught in a crazy place. This is not how I want to end nine years. He is almost 35, how is this rational behavior.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Thank you for your kind words. I'm originally from here and would like to stay in the city I love. Plus I am starting to work here at a company I have wanted to work for for some time in January so I hope to be able to get back on my feet then. In terms of the guy - we have been through rough patches before and I hope we could resolve things when he gets back on his medication. I know it's not necessarily a good idea but I still have hope. But until he stops acting like a child and speaks to me nothing can be resolved and I won't have closure. I'm caught in a crazy place. This is not how I want to end nine years. He is almost 35, how is this rational behavior.
Well, if he calms down and is willing, you might want to see if he'll do couples counseling. It may take more than medication to help.

You may also insist on greater safeguards such as your name on the lease, your name on the bills, or some sort of written agreement between the two of you.

Technically, if you can prove to the cops you have residence there, they could force him to give you the keys or arrest him for an illegal lockout. You'll need proof that you receive your MAIL there. Call the cops, tell them you've been locked out and show whatever PROOF you have.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well, if he calms down and is willing, you might want to see if he'll do couples counseling. It may take more than medication to help.

You may also insist on greater safeguards such as your name on the lease, your name on the bills, or some sort of written agreement between the two of you.

Technically, if you can prove to the cops you have residence there, they could force him to give you the keys or arrest him for an illegal lockout. You'll need proof that you receive your MAIL there. Call the cops, tell them you've been locked out and show whatever PROOF you have.
Would emailed receipts and things from amazon or other such companies work? I should have received my work contract there too but he has not given me the hard copy. I assume it's still in the apartment... The people that packed my things didn't include any paperwork or post... But I still have the key to the mailbox so can check that over the next few days

Old 12-10-2013, 09:37 PM

The only lock he changed was to the front door. I still have access to the building and I know his neighbours and coop board members that have previously signed and given me packages addressed to me

Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 PM

916 posts, read 2,247,034 times
Quote:
This Jay want to apologize for the poor behavior of that Jay. I too will get back on my medication tonight.
Er..... I meant I hope the Jay you know will gets back on medication! I sincerely hope you guys will have
a happy ending.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:42 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
It doesn't help that he is bipolar and currently in a manic state without treatment. But I understand he had no legal right to throw me out like that on a whim
Why do some women put up with this nonsense on purpose?

As soon as a guy tells me he has anything bordering on mentally unfit, I'm not interested. I already know they will be drama, drama, drama.

I really hope you're able to get your stuff back. He's a nut, but you already knew that.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
So he left the place for the foreseeable future? Why not get the super, who knows you live there, to let you in? And just stay there? Even if its not long term, you just need a bridge until you start earning income. Any way to start your job earlier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships