Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 03:29 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
I have been in the past, and believe me I read your posts HK, and I know that's what you'd like to be, or have a good relationship.

I also know you're absolutely not going to take my word for it.....but none of it is worth it in this day and age. It's a very rare person that is not totally out for themselves and themselves only, and what it takes to find those rare people is just not worth the effort.

I'm 34, the girl I thought I was going to settle down with turned out to be the worst kind of manipulator/user/abuser you could ever imagine coming into contact with. Like something you'd see in a movie, living a double life and etc. Don't get me wrong, it's my fault for ignoring all the red flags because I was so in luuurrrvvve.

But...mid 30's, sex drive waning, don't want to be an 'old dad,' will never trust a woman again.....I'm done.

My advice to you would be to skip all the heartache and figure out how to be happy on your own.
I'm the sort of person that wants a family, though. How did you get over the want for a family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 03:30 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
I have been in the past, and believe me I read your posts HK, and I know that's what you'd like to be, or have a good relationship.

I also know you're absolutely not going to take my word for it.....but none of it is worth it in this day and age. It's a very rare person that is not totally out for themselves and themselves only, and what it takes to find those rare people is just not worth the effort.

I'm 34, the girl I thought I was going to settle down with turned out to be the worst kind of manipulator/user/abuser you could ever imagine coming into contact with. Like something you'd see in a movie, living a double life and etc. Don't get me wrong, it's my fault for ignoring all the red flags because I was so in luuurrrvvve.

But...mid 30's, sex drive waning, don't want to be an 'old dad,' will never trust a woman again.....I'm done.

My advice to you would be to skip all the heartache and figure out how to be happy on your own.
I am in the same boat... but I married the guy because I was in love. He ended up being gay and was using me (basically) as a cover for his homosexuality and for money. When he got out of the military, he came out and left me within a couple of months. I don't distrust all men or think they are all like him though. Some people are bad people... that's true and it stinks. But not all people are bad.

It's your business if you don't want a relationship with a woman--you've been hurt and you have your reasons. But don't assume all relationships end in heartache because yours did.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:38 PM

236 posts, read 232,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I'm the sort of person that wants a family, though. How did you get over the want for a family?
I didn't. I just kind of "aged out" of it. I have a nephew and another on the way. I put all my energy into having a positive influence on him.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12badboy12 View Post
i need help ... where can i buy credit card numbers ? i am from germany and new here ... Thanks for the answers
PM me your bank account number and credit card details and I can help sell you some. In addition I am a Nigerian prince looking to move his fortune in diamonds overseas, we could come to an agreement to split the hoard.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am in the same boat... but I married the guy because I was in love. He ended up being gay and was using me (basically) as a cover for his homosexuality and for money. When he got out of the military, he came out and left me within a couple of months. I don't distrust all men or think they are all like him though. Some people are bad people... that's true and it stinks. But not all people are bad.

It's your business if you don't want a relationship with a woman--you've been hurt and you have your reasons. But don't assume all relationships end in heartache because yours did.
I don't distrust all women, either, I've just made a conscious choice to not trust a woman again.

And I don't assume that all relationships end in heartache, it's just that the amount that don't is infinitesimal.

I just don't want to risk it again.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
I didn't. I just kind of "aged out" of it. I have a nephew and another on the way. I put all my energy into having a positive influence on him.
What a luxurious life you must lead to have family you are in good terms with.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What a luxurious life you must lead to have family you are in good terms with.
We're all dealt different hands. You just gotta play the hand you're dealt.

I've slept with somewhere around 100 women (don't have exact count.) Sitting where I am right now, I couldn't care less if I ever have sex again. I haven't had sex in almost two years.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:45 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,939 times
This topic is obnoxious. Women don't even understand their own urges.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:46 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
We're all dealt different hands. You just gotta play the hand you're dealt.

I've slept with somewhere around 100 women (don't have exact count.)
OMG, are you used up! No wonder you can't find the kind of woman you want. Gah!

Old 12-13-2013, 03:48 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OMG, are you used up! No wonder you can't find the kind of woman you want. Gah!

Reality is he could still probably marry a lot of women. If a woman was open about sleeping with a hundred men, her pool would shrink quite considerably. That is just reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships