Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,851,843 times

Advertisements

I though the racist preferences thread was funny, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was a bit true.

The difference is that, unlike in other things in life, whatever your preferences in dating are, are always OK.

Think about it for a second. You only date white men, above 6 foot, with blonde hair. Oh ok. Good for you sweetie. Good luck!

But.

You only hire white men for your company. Eh...

You only choose to be friends with 6 foot tall guys. Hmm.

You'll only sell your house to guys with blonde hair.

I don't think those would go over too well in society and would pretty much guarantee that you would ostracize a large portion of people.

Yet, when it comes to who we want to shtick our schlong in or get stuck by, all that goes out the window.

I just thought it was kind of funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 11:34 AM

709 posts, read 1,131,174 times
Yes.. dating is the last area of acceptable racism, class-ism and bigotry.

The dating world proves that people are totally shallow. The shallowness they show in dating is the same shallowness they exercise in all areas of life.

I don't mind the shallowness because I'm shallow myself. Plus I'm good looking so I benefit from people's shallowness. I only wish people would cut the crap and stop saying things like:

"I just want a nice guy with a good job who treats me well". Then reject that guy because he is too short, too fat, not the right race, has tattoos (or doesn't have tattoos), etc. THEN turn around and welcome the guy who is not nice, treats her like dirt and has a terrible job.. BUT he is good looking and tall and white (or whatever race she prefers).

Old 11-27-2013, 11:35 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,902 times
But don't you dare say you wont date women who sleep with tons of men on a regular basis you pig!!!!! That's misgony!!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times
We should probably all just draw names randomly out of a hat to choose the person we are going to sleep with and live with every day.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:41 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We should probably all just draw names randomly out of a hat to choose the person we are going to sleep with and live with every day.
I'm feeling lucky.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:44 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,619,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I though the racist preferences thread was funny, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was a bit true.

The difference is that, unlike in other things in life, whatever your preferences in dating are, are always OK.

Think about it for a second. You only date white men, above 6 foot, with blonde hair. Oh ok. Good for you sweetie. Good luck!

But.

You only hire white men for your company. Eh...

You only choose to be friends with 6 foot tall guys. Hmm.

You'll only sell your house to guys with blonde hair.

I don't think those would go over too well in society and would pretty much guarantee that you would ostracize a large portion of people.

Yet, when it comes to who we want to shtick our schlong in or get stuck by, all that goes out the window.

I just thought it was kind of funny.

You can't legislate who one is attracted to.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,851,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh. Is that how they pick people for jobs and for friendship? Draw out of a hat?

No, those positions are picked based on merit and personality (well, friendship can be shallow too but that is another story).

I just think it's funny that society says you can be as shallow as you want in dating and it's OK, but it does regulate other things.

I mean, why the hell should you have to hire a black person for your company if you don't want to. It's YOUR company (Not saying this is OK, just making the comparison).

Old 11-27-2013, 12:02 PM

809 posts, read 1,274,549 times
We need a sticky thread for the following:

1. Indian guys issues
2. Short guys
3. White knight glory

Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times
Quote:
Oh. Is that how they pick people for jobs and for friendship? Draw out of a hat?

No, those positions are picked based on merit and personality (well, friendship can be shallow too but that is another story).

I just think it's funny that society says you can be as shallow as you want in dating and it's OK, but it does regulate other things.

I mean, why the hell should you have to hire a black person for your company if you don't want to. It's YOUR company (Not saying this is OK, just making the comparison).
We get it. You're bitter. You think women only care about looks.

Let me ask you this - when someone hires someone for a job - do they have to want to sleep with them? When you are becoming friends with them - is lust a must?

Choosing someone to be romantic with is not the same thing as hiring someone or making a friend. You are never going to be able to convince people to want to sleep with people they don't want to sleep with just because you are bitter about your love life. It just doesn't work that way.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 PM

709 posts, read 1,131,174 times
Quote:

The main reason shallowness is acceptable in dating is because no one can do anything about it. Dating only effects you and one other person. Not the case with corporations and Government and laws.

No one can "make" an individual date someone they don't want to date (unless you live in India). Therefore, that person is free to date whoever they want. Also.. no one is going to attack someone for dating inside their own race.

I personally don't care about race. I care more about class, age and beauty. Its very important that a woman is good looking no matter what race she is. She needs to look good or I will totally ignore her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships