Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 03:12 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Bad advice usually.

Nailed it.
I really doubt people take advice on this relationship forum.

But other forums are great. (Military / city vs city / entertainment / politics / great debate / photography)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 03:55 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
To the regular posters here on this forum, do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?

Has what others have posted here made a positive impact on your life?

Are you just here for entertainment and don't care either way?

I'm not trying to be sardonic. It's an honest question.
1. Do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?

Whether my posts have made a difference or not, I have made "pen pals" with a couple of folks who I hope would think that I've helped just by being there and "listening".

2. Has what others have posted here made a positive impact on your life?

Yes. It might not seem like I was paying attention to others' responses, but I wasnt in a gung-ho frame of mind to rush out and set the world on fire at the time. Besides, I'm slow on the upswing, so some things took longer to sink in. LOL. I appreciate the time others have taken, the support, and the DMs. I know there are wonderful men out there, because I heard from several who are supportive and had their own story to tell. There are wonderful women as well, as I heard from a few of them, too. So, don't disparity! There ARE both good women AND good men - and there is hope.

There have been times when I needed a kick in the backside and times when I didn't -and got a kick either way. LOL

3. Are you just here for entertainment and don't care either way?

I am here to try go be of help. If nothing else, I want those who are hurting or wondering about an issue to know that they are not alone. However, some posts are entertaining.

When the topics get silly (IMHO) or depressing, I take a break.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:07 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Who really knows? All you can hope is that they did take advice of complete strangers-especially if they all were on the same page

Old 01-01-2014, 04:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Have I made a positive impact on anyone's life? Beats the hell out of me!
Have others made a positive impact on my life? In a way - I guess so. I have "met" some cool people on here - and I'd say that's a positive!
Am I just here for entertainment? Hell yeah!

I will say that I appreciate what I have with my husband - and I appreciate my husband - more than I did before thanks to this forum!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:30 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
To the regular posters here on this forum, do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?

Has what others have posted here made a positive impact on your life?

Are you just here for entertainment and don't care either way?

I'm not trying to be sardonic. It's an honest question.
I answer questions as best I can with honest, I like to see guys win with women. Its a lot of jaded, bitter & broken hearted people on this forum, I just wish it was less males bitter & broken.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not sure what a Goldwater conservative is... I'm too lazy to bing it... I hope it's not fighting words.. cause I've always liked your posts....
I'll take a crack at it. A Goldwater conservative is someone who is conservative on fiscal policies but liberal on social issues and doesn't agree with the christian influence on conservative ideologies. Goldwater refers to Barry Goldwater who ran for the POTUS in 1964 and served as a U.S. Senator from Arizona.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:03 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
I'm not a regular....lol

But I post here to help and discuss most of the time.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:11 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
I feel like people already know what they NEED to do before even posting. All you can do is post common sense advice and wish the best for those who are struggling to make the best choices for themselves

Other just want to fight...and that's usually what they get.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:33 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
I'll take a crack at it. A Goldwater conservative is someone who is conservative on fiscal policies but liberal on social issues and doesn't agree with the christian influence on conservative ideologies. Goldwater refers to Barry Goldwater who ran for the POTUS in 1964 and served as a U.S. Senator from Arizona.
Bingo

Old 07-14-2014, 05:37 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
As to the impact I have by posting here...I don't know how profound it is. I like posting here, and I have been helped by folks here when I post about my own issues. Some of which are very unordinary and tough for people to comment on, but there are some good folks here.

Sorting through the trollish felgercarb can be taxing at times. But one learns what to look for in terms of whether or not a threadis worth commenting in. I use this forum to vent, to brag, to reach out to like minded people, and if my commentary or personal experiences help someone out, then tthat's a good thing. I guess I'm as much a regular as anyone else here, I've been pretty steady, of late, posting in this section. I can usually tell if a thread is worth the effort by seeing if certain other posters have responded. That's a good indicator.

I have taken away some positive thoughts from here. And the aforementioned certain posters are consistent that way. I'd like to think that I have contributed a modicum of positive reinforcement here, at times. I like the company I'm in with a few folks here, and its nice to be able to put stuff out there. Sometimes it really helps just to write it down and put it out for review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships