Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM

39,315 posts, read 27,699,206 times

Advertisements

Op, personally, I think you sound sweet.

Try online dating, you have nothing to lose.

=)

take care and smile more =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 03:05 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,945,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Op, personally, I think you sound sweet.

Try online dating, you have nothing to lose.

=)

take care and smile more =)
He already has tried online dating. At least Ruth 4 Truth's advice gets him even more out in the real world even if he doesn't meet a significant other.

The internet is poison for the mind in many contexts, including online dating --- at least for some people.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
He already has tried online dating. AT least Ruth 4 Truth's advice gets him out in the real world even if he doesn't meet a significant other.
sigh. If that is the case, then good luck op.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:07 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,945,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Getting sacked by divorce lawyers and or psychopath spouses.
Ah. That makes sense. I thought he was implying that getting rejected can ruin your life.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:35 PM

448 posts, read 765,600 times
I thought about the OP's position a little more.

You're going to have to do something to put yourself out there if you want to meet someone. You're obviously not some super hot guy that has girls hanging off you, that's fine, all that means is you actually need to do something to seek them out. So I'd say put yourself in more situations where you can meet more women and make moves on them. Some people might disagree with this but I say you're best off hitting on them from the start and either getting a date or moving on.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:39 PM

Op, have you tried volunteer works? (animal shelter, children's hospital) You can meet women your age that way.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:54 PM

113 posts, read 187,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
He already has tried online dating. At least Ruth 4 Truth's advice gets him even more out in the real world even if he doesn't meet a significant other.

Guys I'm not some social reject. I go out and socialize all the time in many different environments. I have a couple dozen good friends

Old 12-16-2013, 10:00 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
Guys I'm not some social reject. I go out and socialize all the time in many different environments. I have a couple dozen good friends
You keep posting this under your more than half-dozen pseudonyms, but your socializing isn't doing you any good as far as finding someone to date is concerned. Isn't that why you started this thread? You said in bold headline, "I Honestly Don't KNow How I Am Ever Going To Meet Someone".

Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 PM

113 posts, read 187,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You keep posting this under your more than half-dozen pseudonyms, but your socializing isn't doing you any good as far as finding someone to date is concerned. Isn't that why you started this thread? You said in bold headline, "I Honestly Don't KNow How I Am Ever Going To Meet Someone".
You didn't read this part - "At least Ruth 4 Truth's advice gets him even more out in the real world even if he doesn't meet a significant other." ?

That sure makes it sound like I'm a social reject or a social recluse of some sort, do you not agree?

Old 12-16-2013, 10:13 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
You didn't read this part - "At least Ruth 4 Truth's advice gets him even more out in the real world even if he doesn't meet a significant other." ?

That sure makes it sound like I'm a social reject or a social recluse of some sort, do you not agree?
hmm.... I didn't read it that way the first time, but I see what you mean. I still think the poster probably meant more along the lines of: these suggestions to join activity groups (etc.) will get you into environments where there are single women. You need to figure out where your target environments are.

You're Armenian, right? This may sound lame, but it's popular with some people. There are LOTS of young women who go to folk dancing nights. Every city usually has one weekly venue that has East European folk dancing. I would have suggested salsa or swing dancing, but sometimes those can be a slightly older crowd. Folk dancing gets all ages, including teens and 20-somethings. Don't give me a hard time, I'm ONLY trying to think of target-rich environments for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships