Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 02:38 PM

6 posts, read 5,827 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Georgia, Florida, and am now in South Carolina (Charleston, been here for 3 years). I found that in Florida (Orlando and Tampa, where I lived before GA) I managed to land a lot of girls (some quite attractive too) for one night stands, relationships, and dates. Right now here in South Carolina, I have had roughly the same success I had in Florida and just this past Friday night had a date with this sexy brunette who invited me back to her place afterwards.

In the 4 years I lived in GA (Athens for grad school and then Atlanta), I seemed to have little to no luck at all with women. My looks and personality have remained consistent throughout time but I found that, and this is just my personal experience and in no way fact, women in GA were somewhat more prudish and flaky compared to women elsewhere in the other two states. If we're digging into demographics, I tend to only go after white women and I found that in South Carolina and Florida, I had dramatically more success with them than in Georgia. In both states, they would be the ones to initiate a conversation or interaction with me at times. I also found it very difficult to make friends in GA compared to Florida and South Carolina.

I am in the same region of the country yet the results I have on the dating and social scenes are dramatically different in the state of GA.

Any reason why that might be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 11:57 PM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
Who knows, maybe they are smarter than you thought and didn't buy your pick up lines ??
if you don't plan to go back I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:14 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
I think it's just simply due to the state. Some people may thrive well in certain states, and not so well in others.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
georgia women are like texas women, they are brought up to be a bit sassy, and tough. georgia women tend to be rather proper ladies, where as texas women tend to be working ladies(no not that kind of working ladies, get your head out of the gutter). either way they all are a bit harder to get.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:53 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
I am from Ga.

I can't speak for most women but I can speak for myself. My views on dating are pretty simple. If I like you, I'll go out with you. If I don't, then you know the deal. It's pretty difficult to say why you had a difficult time dating here. I keep to myself a lot and don't really care to talk to too many people when I'm out and about. I rarely meet people I am attracted to anyway.

It's possible our upbringing is different, but I don't think we're all that different from most women.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:00 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
Really, I don't believe that you can say all women in one state are so much alike like it is a matter of what state they live in that affects your dating life. I have lived in this state for decades and believe me, a good majority of the women I have met are nothing like me! If it does have to do with a previous state they lived in that affects their behavior, I wish they would go back!

Old 08-18-2015, 11:27 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
OP, I live in GA(not from GA thank goodness) and I know EXACTLY what you mean. GA women(for the most part) are very snooty, feel entitled, and are very shallow. Of course there will be people that chime in and say "you can't say its the whole state, blah, blah, blah...." They just never experienced it. GA lacks quality when it comes to the dating scene as a guy.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:21 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
OP, I live in GA(not from GA thank goodness) and I know EXACTLY what you mean. GA women(for the most part) are very snooty, feel entitled, and are very shallow. Of course there will be people that chime in and say "you can't say its the whole state, blah, blah, blah...." They just never experienced it. GA lacks quality when it comes to the dating scene as a guy.
I bet that's more from the ATL being a transplant city as much as anything else. That and from what I have seen of OKC from others on other forums, that polywhatever relationship stuff is taking off. Goon alert.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 PM

Guys, I forgot to add that I did meet a few decent people in Georgia who were from South Georgia and places like Savannah but I was in Athens and Atlanta.

I did find that women in Georgia were to some extent a lot more snobby and cold towards my advances compared to women in other areas of the south who were much more open and receptive. One other difference I noticed was the race difference, black women in Georgia were so much nicer and kinder, women of minority groups in general were. White women in GA on the other hand were very cold and at times even resembled the more confrontational demeanor I have seen in women from more northern states.

Nice to see that I am not the only one that had this issue but that said, I love Florida and South Carolina is awesome!

Old 08-24-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
georgia women are like texas women, they are brought up to be a bit sassy, and tough. georgia women tend to be rather proper ladies, where as texas women tend to be working ladies(no not that kind of working ladies, get your head out of the gutter). either way they all are a bit harder to get.
Odd you say that because I've actually had a great time when I visited Texas, the women there were tough but tough in a sort of challenging you kind of way. I remember one time when I was in Dallas and this tall brunette I bumped into bumped right back into me and gave me that look of "you wanna go?". Now I just joked with her and said "wanna take this outside!?", we both laughed and had a lot of fun later on that night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships