Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times

Advertisements

I love being 30.

I still look pretty young and I have the choice to hang out with with whoever I want. I can still ride/ski and drink with the 20 year olds and still be in with the older crowd. I'm in good a position in most aspects of life right now.

It's a good age IMO.

I date women aged 27-36 mostly, I find younger women to be pretentious and annoying. I'm sure most of them grow out of it, but I don't want to deal with it.
I know… they're not all that way, but that's been my experience. They're only good for fun thus far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
I love being 30.

I still look pretty young and I have the choice to hang out with with whoever I want. I can still ride/ski and drink with the 20 year olds and still be in with the older crowd. I'm in good a position in most aspects of life right now.

It's a good age IMO.

I date women aged 27-36 mostly, I find younger women to be pretentious and annoying. I'm sure most of them grow out of it, but I don't want to deal with it.
I know… they're not all that way, but that's been my experience. They're only good for fun thus far.
30 and 40's are good.

You know what you want, don't really give a rip what others think about you, for the most part.

Women in their 20's being pretentious, don't know so much about that part.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
30 and 40's are good.

You know what you want, don't really give a rip what others think about you, for the most part.

Women in their 20's being pretentious, don't know so much about that part.
Exactly. In my late twenties and now I definitely don't care about what others think. It used to be crippling for me! I'm not quite sure when the epiphany hit, but I'm there now.

Yeah, I could be wrong about them. None the less, in recent events I find it's safer to just date women that are roughly my age. Nothing worse than a college student rambling on about how cultured and brilliant they are during a date.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:19 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Exactly. In my late twenties and now I definitely don't care about what others think. It used to be crippling for me! I'm not quite sure when the epiphany hit, but I'm there now.

Yeah, I could be wrong about them. None the less, in recent events I find it's safer to just date women that are roughly my age. Nothing worse than a college student rambling on about how cultured and brilliant they are during a date.
At the risk of sounding like some kind of backward Luddite, a lot of college educated people really really aren't "educated"... not in the sense in having any sense in life and how the world works and how to interface with others, meaning and context and big picture stuff is typically lost on 22 yr olds... but that is ok.... it just takes time for their little "cultured" brains to finish cooking.....

I love education... I really do.... but in the scheme of life, a lot of times it just means you spent more time in a brick building listening to others and regurgitating shyt back to them.... pretty much the antithesis of real learning... real learning being exploration, not so much memorization and spouting back what has been drilled into you......

Stuff best left for another thread, I suppose.........

Old 02-13-2014, 11:37 PM

639 posts, read 678,879 times
You worried because you turn 30...lol.. Ok Do one thing "Turning 40" have you ever seen this movie?? If no then watch movie and then think about your age...........

Old 02-15-2014, 01:29 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,377 times
...I just turned 28 and couldn't care less about creeping towards "30". I've been established within my career for five years now and am comfortable, have my own house, and have myself pieced together. I'd never want to go back in time and throw what I've built away.

Kind of like what another poster said, I'm at an age where I can hang out with people both older and younger than myself...I don't really feel anything weird about getting ready to leave my 20s at all. If anything, I'm fairly excited about the near future since I have many more opportunities than I did before.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:07 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Can I start another thread called "Pain of turning 23"? This is a horrible age.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:20 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Can I start another thread called "Pain of turning 23"? This is a horrible age.
May I ask why? I just turned 23 myself.

Old 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
May I ask why? I just turned 23 myself.
Happy birthday!

I just haven't liked my 20's so far. I'm kind of over being treated like a kid, even though I also don't want to get older at the same time. I find it hard to connect with people in this age group too as I'm not into partying. Hopefully it will sort itself out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships