Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 07:45 AM

214 posts, read 382,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Well! Cool! Sounds like a good time! Cool new years eve!
Yes it was really fun! I actually told him I wanted to go before so I think he planned to take me and also wanted his friends to be there so it wouldnt feel awkward that its just me and him and at the same time to meet his friends as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 08:01 AM

169 posts, read 195,439 times
You're good. A lot of couples occasionally go to strip clubs.
It's fun when you have other couples who go also as a group.

Relax and enjoy.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
id be impressed,,, good for you!!

you might be setting the bar high for the other guys- not being able to find a girlfriend like yourself

of course they are going to joke around a bit,,,but if one of them crosses the line,, and your boyfriend doesnt correct him,,make sure you do.

a girlfriend going to a stripclub with her boyfriend, and even getting a lapdance ,,
thats awesome!!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
So my bf and his bestfriends planned to go to a strip club to hang out for NYE. I trust him so I was ok with it. He invited me but I told him I would hang out with my family instead. He said he wanted me to meet his friends that after Im done hanging out with my family he could come pick me up. I agreed to it. So there I was hanging out with him and his friends at a strip club.

They asked me to pick a girl who I would like to give me a lap dance. Each one gave a suggestion who should I choose but I picked someone who was very similar to me. Then they all agreed that that was a great choice. So I got a lap dance from someone who can be my twin sister lol.

After the strip club we headed somewhere to eat. These guys were throwing jokes at me and I think I did well responding and defending myself. I actually made them laugh alot. We had a great time. I cant believe I had fun hanging out with all boys at a strip club.

My question for guys, did I make a good first impression to my bfs friends considering my first interaction with them was at a weird place. I did not regret going because I had a great time but just wondering if that was a smart decision on my side. These friends are his bestfriends. Thry know each other since elementary/high school.

I agree with you giving some consideration to the strip club being the initial place where you met his friends.

What strip club?

How long have y'all been together?

I believe its a matter of how you and your b/f as individuals, and as a couple, interpret the scenario and each others' roles during it...from standpoints of inner values, situational and long-term, relational interaction.

It could be an isolated/situational event...it was NYE...people often want to do memorable, provocative things.

But if that's the only place where you meet his friends, then that could be a problem. Could be indicative of a perspective that might not jibe with you.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Oh good grief, lighten up.
She did not "debase" herself in any way.
She went at her boyfriend's request and had a good time.
My friends and I used to go to strip clubs (real ones) and Trans Shows all the time.
It is some of the best live entertainment you will see and a lot of the men dressed as women at the Trans Shows are some of the most beautiful and talented women you will ever see.

Original Poster:

You had fun and honestly I would not worry about what his friends think about you.
Are you dating his friends or him?
Well said!

As for the "debasing" comment, that's plain daft.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 AM

537 posts, read 1,243,603 times
If you all had fun and were laughing, I'd be inclined to say that everyone had a great time.

While I do agree that you shouldn't make decisions in order to make a good impression, you enjoyed yourself and tried something new. Everyone is uncomfortable trying something for the first time. Doesn't matter if you're getting a lap dance or trying a new recipe, you're going to experience a level of discomfort.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:16 AM

My question was " is it possible that I made a good impression to his friends eventhough I met them at a "weird" place?" Guys please respond. Thanks.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
He took you to a strip club to meet his friends and you're worried about the impression 'you' left?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
My question was " is it possible that I made a good impression to his friends eventhough I met them at a "weird" place?" Guys please respond. Thanks.

and everyone is telling you NOT to worry about the kind of impression you made on his friends, it does NOT matter what they think, you are not dating them and hopefully you are not dating your boyfriend and doing things you are not comfortable with just to "impress his friends". If you truly are doing this you really need to stop immediately and do only what you are comfortable with to "impress yourself" and no one else.

Is that what you are looking for?
Your question has already been answered numerous times on this thread the wording used is probably not what you are hoping to see though.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
and everyone is telling you NOT to worry about the kind of impression you made on his friends, it does NOT matter what they think, you are not dating them and hopefully you are not dating your boyfriend and doing things you are not comfortable with just to "impress his friends". If you truly are doing this you really need to stop immediately and do only what you are comfortable with to "impress yourself" and no one else.

Is that what you are looking for?
Your question has already been answered numerous times on this thread the wording used is probably not what you are hoping to see though.
No I dont do things Im not comfortable with just to impress other people. I had fun and I would do it again. Just concern about how I met his friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships