Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:33 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times

Advertisements

Every couple that kisses, holds hands, hugs, talks, and heck, even walk with each other makes me sad and jealous. I am someone who wasn't hugged at all as a kid, only hit, poked, and dragged; a mere embrace brings out feelings of unhappiness for myself.I wish I could get rid of this needy desire (and be unaffected by public displays of affection), since being needy makes it only harder to get a relationship where that sort of contact can be received.

Is there anyone out there that has/had this who fixed this problem?

I used to be a lot happier with my cats, but they passed away and I moved to a place not pet friendly. Volunteering for animals might be a solution I am willing to try, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
I find them inspirations and endearing.

Dude, you need to get off the computer and go outside once in awhile. All these sad sack threads aren't helping you.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:20 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,111 times
I think in this day and age of social media, everyone gets easily jealous, whether it's relationships or not. A LOT of people put on the "my life is perfect" facade, but NOBODY has a perfect life.

Heck, I just had a couple of friends get married a few years ago (HS Sweethearts at that) and everyone squealed about their perfect marriage and perfect relationship. They were very doting in public, posted plenty of pictures to instagram, gushed about their vacations, got a dog, etc etc. The guy told her recently he cheated, never wanted to marry her, and wants OUT. None of us saw that coming. None. Of. Us.

I'm not saying everyone is "fake" happy, I'm just saying everyone has their issues. I think of my relationship as extremely happy and healthy, yet my boyfriend and I were just talking the other day about the hardest times of our relationship, and there have been several. We just don't advertise it to the world since it's not their business. A lot of people only see us at our best.

My relationship is a huge part of my life, if not the best. However, it is just that, a PART of life. It is completely fine that you may/may not have one, or would feel more fulfilled serving animals in need. There are other ways of life, and that's fine. One of my aunts has never dated. She's a lovely woman, but I think she is more asexual and is just looking for someone to pass the time with than an actual romantic relationship. Not saying this is the case for you, but I believe there are many ways of living and no one is the "right" way.

Should you be jealous? No. Relationships are great when they're great, but they are a lot of work and nobody is ever perfect, or perfectly happy at all times. Concentrate on making YOU happy. If you find yourself wanting or yearning for a romantic partner, then maybe you need to examine why you can't establish a connection with anyone. If you don't want it, don't force it.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,230,626 times
Nope, I was reading that fewer than 30% of women are willing to do what I like in bed and the hotter the woman with more options you see on some guys arm the lower the probability that she is doing the truly kinky stuff in the bed room. Sure there are some guys that have the hot blond who does it all in bed but those guys usually have ALOT of money and even then you see guys like cloony getting taken to the cleaners so no I don't get jealous.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Nope, I was reading that fewer than 30% of women are willing to do what I like in bed and the hotter the woman with more options you see on some guys arm the lower the probability that she is doing the truly kinky stuff in the bed room. Sure there are some guys that have the hot blond who does it all in bed but those guys usually have ALOT of money and even then you see guys like cloony getting taken to the cleaners so no I don't get jealous.
You really need to get out more too and find some new friends who are more educated to assist you in the ways of life.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:45 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,230,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You really need to get out more too and find some new friends who are more educated to assist you in the ways of life.
What state do you reside?

Old 01-02-2014, 02:47 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,388 times
Yep, especially since I'm single.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:51 AM

308 posts, read 398,478 times
Happy couples don't make me unhappy or envious, despite some pretty wicked relationship woes in the past and present on my part. They've got their crosses to bear too, I'm sure.

Going around telling yourself you're unhappy because of external circumstances you can do little about (i.e. other people's happiness, in this case) is destructive.

This is humorous, but I believe it illustrates my point:

Wreck it Ralph zombie - YouTube

Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
What state do you reside?

J-O-H-N-N-Y C-A-S-H - I've Been Everywhere - With Lyrics - YouTube

Old 01-02-2014, 03:57 AM

250 posts, read 400,106 times
Jealous? Never. They've got my respect. Life has its ups and downs, and to hate on somebody else's ups while you're down does nothing but prolong your down. Fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships