Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:43 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,279,481 times

Advertisements

I dont know if its just me or its a combination of both people involved

Is it my manly cave man instinct telling me to move on because I already "conquered" the woman?

Theres women I want to hook up with, and then theres women I want to get to know. Most all of them I hook up with if the chance comes about. It usually happens fast.

But Ive been involved with one person for a while now and it just seems like theres nothing to talk about, it just goes stale.

Ive noticed with myself that this has been a reoccurring thing. I get involved with a chick, we both hit it off and were hanging out and doing stuff together, and then it just gets old.

I think she really likes me but I think about how fast we hooked up and all her guys friends and she says shes not like other girls.. Just about all the female friends I have, Ive hooked up with at one point.

The thing is, shes always talking about her friends and this and that.. I dont talk to her about any of my friends.

I know it sounds like im not being fair here, but shes always talking about one guy friend or another... I never bring up any of my female friends like she does and it makes me less interested.

Any sort of advice from both guys and gals would be nice.

for the record im in my later 20s and shes in her earlier 20s, both of age to drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Well, congratulations on being able to drink. I mean, what an accomplishment!

For real, though. It sounds like you have sex so fast that you don't ever get to value the person.

Keep your d*ck in your pants a bit longer, as in MONTHS longer, get out of your own head, take time to know someone, and maybe you'll learn how to care about someone.

If you really care about someone, it almost never gets stale.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Relationships are work.

Don't start a garden if you won't pull weeds and water.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:03 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Keep your d*ck in your pants a bit longer, as in MONTHS longer.
I know exactly what you mean, but honestly Ive never heard of waiting that long or even seeing it from someone I know.

I guess Im a part of the "people dont have time for that" generation.

I may sound like a doosh by saying that. This is a forum and honestly Im expecting people to say what they feel with no filter. This is a discussion after all.

I didnt make the first move in this case, is that a red flag for anyone?

Old 01-06-2014, 07:19 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
Have a threeway it will spice things up.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:22 PM

22,600 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Quote:
Well, congratulations on being able to drink. I mean, what an accomplishment!

For real, though. It sounds like you have sex so fast that you don't ever get to value the person.

Keep your d*ck in your pants a bit longer, as in MONTHS longer, get out of your own head, take time to know someone, and maybe you'll learn how to care about someone.

If you really care about someone, it almost never gets stale.
Amen to all that!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
I've never been in a relationship where things have gotten stale, for me. So I guess I can't really identify.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
I know exactly what you mean, but honestly Ive never heard of waiting that long or even seeing it from someone I know.

I guess Im a part of the "people dont have time for that" generation.

I may sound like a doosh by saying that. This is a forum and honestly Im expecting people to say what they feel with no filter. This is a discussion after all.

I didnt make the first move in this case, is that a red flag for anyone?
Honestly, your first post in this thread made you sound more like a douche.

Saying you're part of whatever "generation" just sounds like an excuse. Just because you've never heard of waiting that long doesn't mean it wouldn't work or that plenty of people don't do it.

What you have now is sex with no intimacy. So of course you get tired of the physical because it can't be sustained.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Gotta agree with Wmns4life on this one. Also, pursue more hobbies/interests, and pursue women who have more hobbies/interests that do not involve:

1. Getting drunk
2. Getting laid

That way, you will have more to talk about.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:33 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times
Quote:
Saying you're part of whatever "generation" just sounds like an excuse. Just because you've never heard of waiting that long doesn't mean it wouldn't work or that plenty of people don't do it.
This is also a follower mentality. OP, stop doing what everyone else is doing, e.g. ONS, if it's not working for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships