Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 10:50 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,606,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Years of what? Years of great sex?
Years of trying to make a failing relationship work. Do you understand the topic of this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 AM

20,732 posts, read 19,405,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What makes you say they didn't work out? They just ran their course. If a relationship ends, that doesn't mean it failed, and if a relationship goes on that doesn't mean it was a success. There are many bad unhealthy LTRs and many healthy short term relationships.

Relationships end for tons of reasons, and it often isn't because someone (one or both of the parties) made poor choices.

No, not really. That is just game playing.
Ah the ole game playing straw man. Whatcha call people who ask for second opinions for surgery, game players? Buy the first house you see? Never test drive? Would you give your house keys to someone you just met? I'd trust someone with mu house before I trusted them with me. But that's just me...and far fewer things go wrong in my life.. New I guy who dated the same girl I did. We didn't have sex. The other guy did and he got crabs. Nice memory, sure he savors it.

Does not mean it needs to take much more than a month or two, but I never wanted to be a two legged coyote.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:55 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,609,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Years of trying to make a failing relationship work. Do you understand the topic of this thread?
You assume it's going to be a failing relationship because somebody wants to have sex? Most people would view that as a good sign for the relationship, not a bad one.

Yes, I understand the topic of the thread. Your thought process, on the other hand, not so much.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,050,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
He didn't say that either - he said LTR. I think you are being extremist in your postings just to be argumentative.

You're the one being argumentative. I didn't refer to any one poster or any post in specific, did I? I said a "subset of men".

And LTR or LTR focused really has zero meaning. You don't commit to an LTR, LTRs only happen over time. One day at a time. An LTR is really a term without any meaning. It can be 4 mos to some people, 4 years to others and 40 years to some. It's a useless term.

Rarely does someone enter into a committed relationship with someone knowing it will be finite (it happens on occasion), so when does count as a LTR? Here is is just being used as a judgmental thing.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:58 AM

20,732 posts, read 19,405,068 times
Quote:
I would go out on a limb and say that I bet Grizzley is having little-to-no sex at all, based on his attitude toward women.
Straw man arguments, insults and taking him out of context in not too particularly clever ways. With the likes of you around, I would sooner pour concrete in my orifices or geld myself than to breed the human race into dysgenic oblivian.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Ah the ole game playing straw man. Whatcha call people who ask for second opinions for surgery, game players? Buy the first house you see? Never test drive? Would you give your house keys to someone you just met? I'd trust someone with mu house before I trusted them with me. But that's just me...and far fewer things go wrong in my life.. New I guy who dated the same girl I did. We didn't have sex. The other guy did and he got crabs. Nice memory, sure he savors it.

Does not mean it needs to take much more than a month or two, but I never wanted to be a two legged coyote.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I you want to ask for a second opinion on whether you should have sex with someone, go ahead.

If two people both want to have sex. Have sex. Don't play games with sex. Simple.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Straw man arguments, insults and taking him out of context in not too particularly clever ways.
Sure. Or none of the above, if you're not bat-sh*t loony.

Quote:
With the likes of you around, I would sooner pour concrete in my orifices or geld myself than to breed the human race into dysgenic oblivian.
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Hope the mood and cognitive functioning get better for you as the day progresses. You can do it!

Old 01-08-2014, 11:01 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,606,042 times
Quote:
You assume it's going to be a failing relationship because somebody wants to have sex? Most people would view that as a good sign for the relationship, not a bad one.

Yes, I understand the topic of the thread. Your thought process, on the other hand, not so much.
Never made that assumption. All I said was that if the guy doesn't want to stick it out for a couple months waiting for sex, then you most likely dodge a bullet. What is so hard to understand about this? All it conveys is that the guy was more into your vagina, then you as a person.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. I you want to ask for a second opinion on whether you should have sex with someone, go ahead.

If two people both want to have sex. Have sex. Don't play games with sex. Simple.
It really is that simple. This is how emotionally healthy, high functioning adults conduct their sex lives in my experience. It's bizarre to me that some struggle with it.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Never made that assumption. All I said was that if the guy doesn't want to stick it out for a couple months waiting for sex, then you most likely dodge a bullet. What is so hard to understand about this? All it conveys is that the guy was more into your vagina, then you as a person.

What bullet? If she wants to have sex at two weeks, or one night, what bullet should she be fearing?

This is what I don't get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships