Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,003,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
When did I say manipulation? You keep interjecting.

Holding out IS manipulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Then go for it my friend - whatever makes you happy.

You lost a 'lover' to a relationship so this was just a sex partner and we are talking LTR's here.

She was a LTR. And she wasn't "just" a sex partner, we were together 8 years and we're still close friends, she just decided to be monogamous with someone right now. Which is cool.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:39 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,601,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Holding out IS manipulation.
Please explain how?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
ETA: You have this bizarre notion everyone is born from the womb knowing everything there is to know about sex and what YOU want.

Where do you get that? What makes you think that I don't communicate about that?

Why are you making that assumption?

Do you wait until the bedroom before you communicate about this stuff? I don't. That is partially what dating is about (not solely).

And YES, I expect adult women to know what works for them sexually, what doesn't work for them, what makes them orgasm and what they don't like at all. YES YES YES YES.

People that don't know their own sexuality are complete turn offs. I don't want to date kids.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:43 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,604,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
When did I say manipulation? You keep interjecting.
No, you keep splitting semantic hairs. You described manipulation and game-playing, regardless of whether you choose to recognize it as such. You were describing the use of sex as a tool that one person withholds from the other to manipulate their behavior, rather than an activity two people pursue together out of common desire.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
Quote:
Not the best as I lost a lover to a relationship, but it is full and the people I sleep with are good friends which is great.
I don't think you stuttered in your post up there.

Quote:
She was a LTR. And she wasn't "just" a sex partner, we were together 8 years and we're still close friends, she just decided to be monogamous with someone right now. Which is cool.
I don't know if this was quick back-peddling on your part or you have a twisted notion of what an LTR is. LTR is terminology for a Long-Term Committed Relationship between TWO people. It is not slang for Long Term Recreation.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
No, you keep splitting semantic hairs. You described manipulation and game-playing, regardless of whether you choose to recognize it as such. You were describing the use of sex as a tool that one person withholds from the other to manipulate their behavior, rather than an activity two people pursue together out of common desire..
So waiting to have sex, to figure out if the person is someone you really want to enter a relationship with, is manipulative game playing? If that isn't some ass backwards thinking I don't know what is. From my experience girls HAVE sex to manipulate. I don't think you grasp the concept of this thread.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,604,625 times
Quote:
I don't know if this was quick back-peddling on your part or you have a twisted notion of what an LTR is. LTR is terminology for a Long-Term Committed Relationship between TWO people. It is not slang for Long Term Recreation.
LTR means long-term relationship. Period. There is no number or commitment level in the acronym.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:

No, it isn't. An LTR is just that. A long term relationship.

LTRs can be monogamous. They can by polyamorous. They can be open relationships and they can be casual relationships, or FWBs.

One of my friends is married and they're poly. Married 13 years with three kids. You're telling me they're not in a LTR? Of course they are. Don't be silly.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
No, it isn't. An LTR is just that. A long term relationship.

LTRs can be monogamous. They can by polyamorous. They can be open relationships and they can be casual relationships, or FWBs.

One of my friends is married and they're poly. Married 13 years with three kids. You're telling me they're not in a LTR? Of course they are. Don't be silly.
And in the realm of searching for a wife/girlfriend (which is what the OP conveyed), most guys would find that a turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships