Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:56 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Yet women usually want to "feel small" next to the man they're with. Almost like being submissive .
Because there is a big difference. I'm speaking for myself of course, but there are certain animalistic traits that I find attractive in men, like their smell, strong hands, and the sexual dimorphism of feeling safe tucked under his arm.

That has nothing to do with a man keeping me "submissive" in how I function and make decisions in every day life. I want to be his partner (someone who comforts me when I need it, and vice versa) not bossed around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 12:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Yet women usually want to "feel small" next to the man they're with. Almost like being submissive .
What women? I don't. Generalize much? Please, do tell us wimmins what we want. We're all ears.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:07 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Women, inferring all women. Don't say women if you mean a small context of them. It just starts a riot.
Instead of usually, I should have said some. Sorry about that. It doesn't change the fact that I see women say that in plenty of height threads here.

Quote:
If you heard it, it's a very small number within the context of your own life and not all women, in fact a fast majority, of women would never think that way, particularly in this day and age.
So wait...you can say a vast majority of women, all of who you don't know either, don't think that way? Yet I can't say what I think because I don't know the vast majority of women? Get the irony in that statement?

TBH, it actually makes me cringe when women say that. Wanting to "feel small" compared to your partner is to feel submissive. What bothers me is when women looks down at someone like Mrs. Bure for accepting submission, yet they do the same thing. I've heard plenty of times (yes, even on here) women stating that they'd like the man to "take charge." Her husband takes charge and she gets criticized for being submissive? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What women? I don't. Generalize much? Please, do tell us wimmins what we want. We're all ears.
Ummm...read some past height (and other "what do you look for in a SO") threads and you'd see what I was talking about.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:11 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Instead of usually, I should have said some. Sorry about that. It doesn't change the fact that I see women say that in plenty of height threads here.

So wait...you can say a vast majority of women, all of who you don't know either, don't think that way? Yet I can't say what I think because I don't know the vast majority of women? Get the irony in that statement?

TBH, it actually makes me cringe when women say that. Wanting to "feel small" compared to your partner is to feel submissive. What bothers me is when women looks down at someone like Mrs. Bure for accepting submission, yet they do the same thing. I've heard plenty of times (yes, even on here) women stating that they'd like the man to "take charge." Her husband takes charge and she gets criticized for being submissive? What?
First, are you even a woman? Do you know many different types of women? Do you read anything more than what is in this forum or more in-depth than what is on your computer screen or USA Today about women?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Ummm...read some past height (and other "what do you look for in a SO") threads and you'd see what I was talking about.
I've been on C-D a long time, and there's not much I haven't seen on here. Those threads are idiotic, written by a few whiny and/or misguided individuals, and deserve absolutely no consideration in an adult conversation about relationships. Do not take the chronic complaints of a few vapid morons as indicative of an entire gender. If I took the things written by some of the men on this subforum that way, I'd write the entire gender off as nothing more than walking hard-ons with the emotional maturity of 14-year-olds.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
First, are you even a woman? Do you know many different types of women? Do you read anything more than what is in this forum or more in-depth than what is on your computer screen or USA Today about women?
What does that have to do with whether I'm a woman or not? I see what I see. I hear what I hear. I've been around plenty of women who TOLD me that they like to "feel small" in the relationship in addition to this, and other, forums. Does that not make my experience count? I'm sorry if that's not up to your standards .

As far as Mrs. Bure is concerned, whatever works for their marriage works for them. I'm always finding it interesting how critical, and offended, some are here when there's a hint of sexism. Yet, personally, I've seen plenty of women who don't mind being "submissive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I've been on C-D a long time, and there's not much I haven't seen on here. Those threads are idiotic, written by a few whiny and/or misguided individuals, and deserve absolutely no consideration in an adult conversation about relationships. Do not take the chronic complaints of a few vapid morons as indicative of an entire gender. If I took the things written by some of the men on this subforum that way, I'd write the entire gender off as nothing more than walking hard-ons with the emotional maturity of 14-year-olds.
If you read my post earlier, you would know I didn't do that. Besides, they didn't complain. They just stated their attraction to men who make them "feel small."

Old 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Ah, yes, Above Rubies and Biblical submissions. :barf: Gotta love Pauline mythology/theology. It's nothing short of puritanical and misogynistic bullsh*t.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:24 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with whether I'm a woman or not? I see what I see. I hear what I hear. I've been around plenty of women who TOLD me that they like to "feel small" in the relationship in addition to this, and other, forums. Does that not make my experience count? I'm sorry if that's not up to your standards .

As far as Mrs. Bure is concerned, whatever works for their marriage works for them. I'm always finding it interesting how critical, and offended, some are here when there's a hint of sexism. Yet, personally, I've seen plenty of women who don't mind being "submissive."

If you read my post earlier, you would know I didn't do that.
"Small" as in, inferior, or "small" to refer to stature/size in relation to one's partner as a way to feel protected? There's a difference. And, in what context are you referring? Submission in normal daily life or in the bedroom?

I don't know a single woman, outside certain brands of religious dogma, who willfully submit to their partners except for in the bedroom.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:28 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
"Small" as in, inferior, or "small" to refer to stature/size in relation to one's partner as a way to feel protected? There's a difference. And, in what context are you referring? Submission in normal daily life or in the bedroom?

I don't know a single woman, outside certain brands of religious dogma, who willfully submit to their partners except for in the bedroom.
That's exactly what I was trying to say. He seems to think the two are the same thing.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

I'm talking in the concept of size. They still go hand-in-hand, though. We're supposed to be equal in every way, right? It's confusing that women, especially the ones who claim to be strong and independent, feel like they need a man to protect them. Thus, they like to "feel small" (inferior-meaning she can't fend for herself in a certain situation; he can) around him. In addition, they willingly let a man "dominate" in the bedroom. It all sounds wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships