Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 02:44 AM

3 posts, read 1,625 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I decided to write a post since Im in a situation which I dont know how to explain and Im just looking for another perspective.

Namely, its about one of my colleagues/friends. We met 3 years ago through our University and we share some friends together. We also call ourselves "friends" though I dont have this feeling we are really that. And there stands the problem: I would like us to be more but from his behavior I cant conclude if he is interested at all or not.

In the last two years our contact wasnt occurring that often. We kind of started hanging out intensively last 2-3 Months.

The main problem lays in the fact that he is super outgoing so I dont know how to interpretate his signals. And there are some. Like, I totally catch him staring at my bodyparts, we are kind of humorous flirting though since we describe ourselves as friends and buddies its kind of understood as joke. Moreover, this week as we saw eachother he basically used to touch me spontaneously as much he could. Other thing, last week as we saw eachother with another friend he basically opened himself sharing some of his problems with women and asking advices. Also, he totally played friendly and made me tell my last love crash and then he was teaching me how to dance tango

Then we come to the last night. He invites me to join some party with him and our good friend. I accepted. I asked when they are coming but he didnt text back, which I understood as he still havent talked with our friend so doesnt know.
And then in some moment our friend sends us message saying she has severe headache and she cant join. We both read it. It meant we were supposed to go out alone. Somehow I knew he wont text me, and he didnt. Still till this moment he hasnt texted, I know he deserves a

He just texted asking about something totally else. Party he still hasnt mentioned. I havent also and I will just completely ignore the topic unless he mentions. Also, I do plan not to force hanging out with him, I will totally leave that to him. Just planning to stop expecting something and feeling weird about it.

I just dont get him, thats the point and where I would want to hear your opinion. You simply dont ignore your friend like this if you are just friends with the person. My personal impression about everything is that he may want something more but he is afraid. Which again I dont get why, like why would this super good looking dude with super awesome character be affraid of me (im just an average girl)

I will appreciate any answer, even If I dont like it. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 05:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
He is a very flirty and outgoing person but not necessarily into you romantically.

If her were, he would make a move, but he has not.

I'm sorry it's this way. Some people are like this. There is no universal explanation.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:26 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
I don't know either one of you. I don't think he is afraid of you. He could be playing you. I cant say that for a fact, but from what you have written, I would suspect he and the mutual friend maybe decided to go it without you - and no, I'm not saying that they did get together without you.

I would keep him and her as friends if I wanted to, but not being into head games, I would keep my options open for a more straight-forward and genuine relationship. I don't think you should have to guess about where you stand, not even with a platonic friend.

Best wishes!

Old 01-29-2016, 05:36 AM

Thank you for the both answers.

Thats my point aswell, I dont want to guess where am I. We are basically too old for the childish plays, we're both over 30, If he cant decide what he wants its than his loss anyway.

Thank you once more for your for the effort.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:38 AM

Thank you for the both answers.

Thats my point aswell, I dont want to guess where am I. We are basically too old for the childish plays, we're both over 30, If he cant decide what he wants its than his loss anyway.

Eliminating him totally from my life is not an option but atleast I no not to have any expectations what so ever and engage into any kind of complicated relationship.

Thank you once more for your for the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships