Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How man times have you been asked out by a woman?
1 11 22.00%
2-3 15 30.00%
4-5 7 14.00%
6-8 5 10.00%
9-11 1 2.00%
12+ 11 22.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 08:05 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,582,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Same here, I'm a struggling young guy (in terms of finding my career job), and to top it off the only mainstays in public are some volunteer work with a radio station (it is a way to meet people but not going to ask women out while volunteering), the gym (doesn't work) and church (also feels awkward to approach, and people just leave right after church). Not much opportunity for interaction. The only place where I feel I can is at the bar, but I frequently go by myself, since I feel more tied up if I go with others.
Church services usually aren't the best place to interact, but church activities are. In my area the churches hold all kinds of activities for kids or singles or whatever and volunteering to pour coffee or be on the planning committee can be a great place to get to know people and start down the road to establishing a relationship.

I usually only attend church for "marryin's and burryin's", but when I was in High School I attended regularly and the youth programs were a great place to meet young women outside of school. I had some great times while involved in those programs.

Might be worth a look to see what is offered anyway, and a much better place to meet people than the bars which are usually just a meat shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 09:10 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Not often, maybe 4 times. Usually it has been something along the lines of meeting someone at a bar and they slip me their number at the end of the night and say "Call me if you would like to go out" or something along those lines.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:15 PM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post

Funny thing is, the woman I married is the one that proposed too, But we had been dating a couple years first.

Maybe I'm just too shy to do the asking, but hey, if it works, it works!
Was going to be my next post, how many women have proposed to their husband (or former)?

Old 01-15-2014, 06:22 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Pretty often, but I'm just not interested in the women who ask (and or) have the time to date-date.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:58 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you were never asked out, my question is are you out and about? Out in public? Socialize?
I do go out.
Also, I have spent a good part of me being single working in high rise office buildings. That includes now. I never had anyone come up to me in public and ask me for a date.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:03 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Same for me. Someone else conveyed a similar sentiment in a different thread and the concept seemed so foreign to me because of how impressed I am by a woman who takes initiative.

Just goes to show you how much variation there is in peoples experiences here.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:05 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I have a feeling this is one-sided, as men do most of the asking. I'm not saying it is wrong, I would just like to see some stats.
In the past couple of months, twice when it was straight up.

The rest of the time was implied...

which is more than I can count.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Church services usually aren't the best place to interact, but church activities are. In my area the churches hold all kinds of activities for kids or singles or whatever and volunteering to pour coffee or be on the planning committee can be a great place to get to know people and start down the road to establishing a relationship.

I usually only attend church for "marryin's and burryin's", but when I was in High School I attended regularly and the youth programs were a great place to meet young women outside of school. I had some great times while involved in those programs.

Might be worth a look to see what is offered anyway, and a much better place to meet people than the bars which are usually just a meat shop.
It generally depends on the Church.

I go to a Church where there is a lot of interaction. You might want to go to a smaller Church for meeting people. Larger churches in my experience are rather more detached.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I do go out.
Also, I have spent a good part of me being single working in high rise office buildings. That includes now. I never had anyone come up to me in public and ask me for a date.
Hmmm......you are right about this, I usually am acquainted with them.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:20 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I dont trust the polls when they are anonymous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships