Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

He makes my coffee every morning.

Even this morning, when he had to leave to catch a flight before I was awake...he set the timer on the coffee maker so it would be ready for when I got up. It was so nice to wake up to coffee, even hours after he had left the house. Love him for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 08:26 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
I know I am piggy backing on the other thread, but I thought it was a great question. What are some of the things your SO or past SO has done to show you how much he cares for you?

This can double as a good cheat sheet for some of us guys to learn from, who might be a little daft.
My husband often makes a pot of coffee and brings me a fresh cup in bed. He also lets me sleep, while he gets the kids up for school. He then drops them off AND picks them up later in the day.

He is also always taking care of the car..to make sure I have enough gas, and that the oil is full and all of the other little things that keep a car running in good condition.

What else? Cooking dinner for me. Surprising me with a gift card for a massage, pedicure, etc.

Never a day goes by where he doesn't say "I love you." A kiss and a hug on a daily basis. Massaging my feet at night...Taking the time to listen to me vent or talk about my day. lol...and so much more..

Old 01-27-2014, 11:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Let's see.

As someone who hates household chores, any time some one you are dating volunteers it is awesome!

I am a sucker for a back rub or hand massage.

An explicit poem was both flattering and embarrassing (delivered via text).

I dated a guy who liked PDA more than I did. Or maybe we just had different thresholds is more accurate. I am more like G-rated in public. And he was more like PG-13. Anyway he'd always try to find a quiet corner or hallway to sneak in a kiss. Museums are awesome for that by the way. It was cute, but sometimes it was like "wait till we get home."

Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Let's see...he has written me a song, countless verses of original poetry found me a new cheaper sourse of horse/cow/sheep/chicken poop for the garden, came to see me at work, just to say hi and bring me lunch, he bought me a new box set of Deathwing termies for my b-day cause he thought I needed them, lol. stuff like that.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:52 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times
When we were dating for less than 2 months he bought me whole new set of tires for my car. Just coz I mentioned my tires are bald and I would buy new ones soon.

Dating for a month he bought me a used xbox just coz I told him my niece's xbox need to be repaired he also repaired that xbox.

Married - I love that he makes me breakfast in bed most of the times. he bought me this RC chopper (LOL) for xmas coz he saw how i was having fun playing with my nephew's RC flying machine when we were at a family gathering.

Just my husband does things for me that lets me know he observes and listens intently to me - my needs, what makes me happy and buys it days or months later. Then I realize wow he remembers that?

He gives me back rubs mostly at night when I ask him to even though he was tired from work.

By the way this makes me not be mad at him anymore for his last night's outburst to me.

Last edited by meaning; 01-28-2014 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships