Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 PM

469 posts, read 567,089 times

Advertisements

Alright so as the title says, i made eye contact with this girl. To give you some background, i recently transferred to a 4 year college after graduating from a 2 year. I'm a new transfer student and i don't have many friends at the campus. I have friends there, but they tend to have class when i'm free (most of them are women on the hockey team, others are former high school classmates who are getting ready to graduate).

Anyhow, last night i had a 2 hour layover between my mid afternoon and evening class and constantly made eye contact with the girl. Gorgeous blonde who i would say is technically out of my league (even though i don't believe anyone is out of anyone else's league). I was sitting by myself in the middle of the cafe and we kept casually exchanging glances as she spoke to her girlfriend. Mind you they're over 30 feet away, so i can't read their lips. By i know she had waved at me and i hesitated and went back to what i was doing.

anyhow, i'm not looking too far into this, but if i do see her next thursday (or tuesday… which could be a possibility) what would be my best bet.. i'm a tad nervous around meeting new people because i feel as though i'll give a bad first impression or something along the lines.

Appreciate your help in advance!!!

p.s. was thinking of the old napkin trick where you write a quote and a number in or something along those lines etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 09:48 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
Alright so as the title says, i made eye contact with this girl. To give you some background, i recently transferred to a 4 year college after graduating from a 2 year. I'm a new transfer student and i don't have many friends at the campus. I have friends there, but they tend to have class when i'm free (most of them are women on the hockey team, others are former high school classmates who are getting ready to graduate).

Anyhow, last night i had a 2 hour layover between my mid afternoon and evening class and constantly made eye contact with the girl. Gorgeous blonde who i would say is technically out of my league (even though i don't believe anyone is out of anyone else's league). I was sitting by myself in the middle of the cafe and we kept casually exchanging glances as she spoke to her girlfriend. Mind you they're over 30 feet away, so i can't read their lips. By i know she had waved at me and i hesitated and went back to what i was doing.

anyhow, i'm not looking too far into this, but if i do see her next thursday (or tuesday… which could be a possibility) what would be my best bet.. i'm a tad nervous around meeting new people because i feel as though i'll give a bad first impression or something along the lines.

p.s. was thinking of the old napkin trick where you write a quote and a number in or something along those lines etc.
A lot of times when you think a woman is attractive, you look at her for some extra time. Eventually, her head will turn to you and it will appear that you are locking eyes. But almost every time it is in your head.

Think about it. Do you ever think 57 year old women in Target are 'making eye contact with you'? No you don't. (I might, but that's another story. ) It's always an attractive woman.

That said, if you have the cojones, go for it.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Walk up and introduce yourself.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
I wouldn't try any tricks - they may come across as dorky. She's interested. Relax and ask her out to something simple like the café again or another place like that. Some place where you can relax. Maybe someplace that plays music?

Old 01-24-2014, 09:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Ah....the ol' eyeing each other up thing at college. Lol

Go over to her table plop down. Say something that's related to a class you were in. Ask her if you could write a quote in her notebook. (Write your # and say want hang out?) Compliment her and then tell her hey see ya around.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times
Don't do the napkin thing. This isn't high school lunch. Go up and talk to her. Ask her what classes is she taking this semester

Old 01-24-2014, 09:55 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:

Next time go over to their table and sit down and talk with them. That is what my ex husband did to me and my friends and how we met.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:

So basically you were staring at a girl 30 feet away and after a few times of her noticing you doing it she waved?

I'm not going to say you can't recover.. but.... you should definitely do something to talk to her.. and NOT writing a note on a napkin.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Next time you see her walk over and introduce yourself.
Tell her you are new to the school and chat a bit, ask if she would like to meet you at the cafe in a couple days for a coffee.
Find out what her major is, what classes she is taking etc.
You could also tell her and her friend to feel free to join you at your table if they want.
Then there is no pressure to be alone right away and you can get to know both of them.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:01 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
Forget about the napkin trick. It won't work.

Say hello to her; ask her name; ask her to join you for coffee; talk to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships