Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:33 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,397 times

Advertisements

I was reading these posts on this Relationship thread and it just got me to think about my own struggles with actually finding a "girlfriend". I'm pretty friendly as a person and although i'm a little shy, i become comfortable with people really quickly and try to be friendly and nice and compassionate as i can with everyone. I have a somewhat good amount of friends (lots of whom are in fact girls) and i believe that i'm a pretty good looking guy, i'm in my 20's (25 to be precise) and still i have a hard time finding that right girl that is looking for a long lasting relationship with me. I thought it might have to do with the fact that maybe i'm a little bit older than the average college student but not by much and so i'm not too sure that's a factor at all. I just am curious as to like I believe that i'm a friendly, charismatic guy and i have good friends, i workout regularly, i'm involved on campus a lot and what not but i just wonder what's keeping me from breaking that barrier and not enabling me to truly find that "elusive" girlfriend.

I hope i don't sound like i'm complaining but it's been something I've been thinking about and i don't know what's holding me back. I know what i'm looking for in a girl and I've had some experience in life now so i know what i'm looking for in a girlfriend, i just can't seem to find a girl that wants to be in a relationship with me. Any advice on this?

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 10:36 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Is this code for "I can't get laid"? If so, you need to make more aggressive moves.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Is this code for "I can't get laid"? If so, you need to make more aggressive moves.

not at all, that's not at all what i'm looking for...not even close. I get what your trying to say but i'm not looking for anything like that. I'm looking for a girl that really wants to be in a meaningful relationship with me.

Sorry, i don't mean to come across as super blunt but i can assure you that's not at all what i'm looking for in writing this thread. Thanks anyways for your input

Old 02-11-2014, 10:43 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,018 times
Just start asking women out on dates. If you have a lot of women friends, then you make friends easily. Next woman you make friends with, take it to the next level.

"I am going to grab a cup of coffee and watch the penguins shuffle by the store front, are you up for joining me?"

Or some derivation depending on style and approach. But if they arent asking you out by now, they never will. Cowboy up.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
"I am going to grab a cup of coffee and watch the penguins shuffle by the store front, are you up for joining me?"
There are no penguins in Fresno, Ca. Unless you count cows because they are also black and white.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:51 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,242 times
Seems less like you struggle finding a girlfriend and more like you struggle finding a girlfriend you want. Perhaps it's suited to consider your age may be a hindrance or that while before you may have had success with the quality of gals you want now you may need more than what you have now to get the same quality of gals.

My advice is it's suited to look at the gals you want as a gf and consider the traits their bfs have and honestly evaluate if you match up.

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Obviously you haven't met your match yet. Be patient. What's the rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Just start asking women out on dates. If you have a lot of women friends, then you make friends easily. Next woman you make friends with, take it to the next level.

Or some derivation depending on style and approach. But if they arent asking you out by now, they never will. Cowboy up.
Thanks for the response,

In some ways i understand what your saying I've been feeling recently that i do have to eventually man up and have the courage to ask at least one of them out. My problem is that we become such good friends that i'm worried doing something like that would ruin our friendship and also the other issue would be that over time i lose that relationship interest with them and like were better as friends. You know what i mean. It's a tough situation because sometimes i feel i have to almost not be as friendly to ask a girl out because i tend to be too friendly sometimes but then i almost feel i'm doing something that's not natural and for me what's natural and authentic to do is usually the approach that i feel most confident in. Being outside of who i am as a person is just really uncomfortable for me...but i see where your coming from on this particular issue.

Thanks again for the encouragement though.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
There are no penguins in Fresno, Ca. Unless you count cows because they are also black and white.
haha right...lol i wish there were penguins around here but sadly there's not.. penguins are awesome!!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:55 PM

63 posts, read 86,851 times
Quote:

she is right you know. cuz it's easier to make a woman your girlfriend after you guys have slept together.

once you know the attraction is there and that the sex works fine, getting along in an exclusive relationship becomes easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships