Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:48 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,232 times

Advertisements

Is that just something women say? If it is, then I expect them to say the same thing in this thread. Women will almost always say that they are looking for a nice or good guy but I think most know women seem to be attracted more to men who mistreat them and put them down. You know, guys who are not nice. So, why do women constantly say that they are looking for a "nice guy" when in reality that is not what they want because that is not what they choose? Do they say that just in case word of it gets back to their Mother or Father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 09:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
I think women are looking for a "nice or good guy", and are usually attracted to that type of man....but sometimes they end up with a chemelion that starts out a nice guy and then changes into a ***** hole.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:11 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,059 times
So, why do women constantly say that they are looking for a "nice guy" when in reality that is not what they want because that is not what they choose?

Assumptions, assumptions... first of all women are like men and will pick a person with whom they have the most physical attraction and chemistry. Sometimes these guys seem nice at first, but a few weeks or months later they turn out to be shetbags. Hence the whining and breaking up.

If a guy is a total deck all the time from the moment he meets a girl, I doubt the girl would want to go out with him. No way. But people are tricky. Even guys who are nice at the core can be quite mean sometimes.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
So, why do women constantly say that they are looking for a "nice guy" when in reality that is not what they want because that is not what they choose?

Assumptions, assumptions... first of all women are like men and will pick a person with whom they have the most physical attraction and chemistry. Sometimes these guys seem nice at first, but a few weeks or months later they turn out to be shetbags. Hence the whining and breaking up.

If a guy is a total deck all the time from the moment he meets a girl, I doubt the girl would want to go out with him. No way. But people are tricky. Even guys who are nice at the core can be quite mean sometimes.
That's a valid point but women will chase a man who puts them down or is a d*ck to them. For example, a man can make a woman want to earn his approval by putting her down. For example, a man can walk up to 3 girls at a bar and ignore the one he really is attracted to while opening up conversation with the other two. And when the girl he really wants tries to join the conversation or say something, the man can easily put her down in front of her friends by saying something like "Is she always like that?" And that will generate a few light hearted laughs all the while planting a seed in the woman's head that the man is really after. She is now on a kamikaze mission to seek his approval.

I'm not saying that works all the time but it works every day all across the world.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,485 times
The only time a woman is going to say "I'm looking for a good guy" and mean it is after she's had a few puppy's and been worn out by a few knuckleheads.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 PM

727 posts, read 540,134 times
I like my "boyfriend" because 1. His gotta black ponytail 2. He is so kind ... or he acts kind but he is so kind, never said bad word to me Sometimes he is bored because I do not stop stalking his ponytail But he still does not yell me to go to he**

Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,791 times
Oh no! Not another "nice guy vs. Bad Boy" thread! This has been done more times than Tommy Lee has been turned-down from playing at a Lilith Fair concert.
But for the record, here's the deal: most women indeed do want a nice guy to settle down with. But they dig Bad Boys for the occasional dirty fling. And then for fantzasizing about after they've settled down in a boring relationship with Mr. Nice Guy.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Re: this topic:

Old 01-01-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Re: this topic:
Thanks for that wonderful insight.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:09 PM

440 posts, read 1,030,120 times
I agree that most woman want to meet a nice, kind, good man, but they are hard to find. Which is funny, because you hear how there are really good guys just looking for a woman who isn't a reckless party chick and wants to settle down...where are these men when good woman are looking for the good man???!?! LOL JK....It definitely depends on attraction, chemistry, and standards (if anyone really keeps to their standards in the end!). In the end everyone wants to meet someone who is good to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships