Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 07:50 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I'll be honest, I'm a nice guy until we have sex.
are you saying you turn into a jerk after sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
are you saying you turn into a jerk after sex?
Some of them are honest around here. I appreciate honesty and give them cookies for that.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,727 times
Quote:
The term "nice guy" though has been perverted to mean something else these days and for a lot of women it merely means a guy that's an easy doormat relegated to the friend zone.
I notice this more when I don't have any money; otherwise, I usually practice relating and relationships on a short term basis with an easy And convenient chick.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
"nice guy" have not been equal to male with nice personality for ages, it means always ending up in the friends-zone with the ladies.
What if a guy can never have too many girl friends?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The "perversion" of nice has been going on for longer than you think, and it's not pop culture's fault. Also, interestingly, the original meaning of nice is close to its wishy-washy connotations now.

So nearly 100 years ago, people were complaining the opposite of what you are complaining now.
I think it is interesting that many guys still don't complain about bimbos.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 PM

So, what is a good label, other than nice, to not confuse women into thinking we want to be their doormat?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM

143 posts, read 540,760 times
My guess is you are in you 20's. By the time a woman is in her 30's, cocky men no longer seem charming. They just seem like immature jackasses.

In defense of women in their 20's, I don't think these young ladies are looking for a jerk. They are looking for a bad boy with a heart of gold. Fantasy stories like Twilight and Beauty and the Beast don't help this. The males in these stories are dangerous and wild on the outside but loving and kind on the inside. The female love interest also makes him into a better man. This is all nice for story but in the real world, these girls meet jerks and get slaughtered.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Ummm, first of all... EWWW.

Second of all, stop with the fantasizing about being the Hero on a White Horse and start living real life.

You types wonder why "nice guys" cannot find a woman. Do you really wonder when you talk about women being rode hard? About women tasting like "gum stuck on someone else's shoe"?

Seriously, do you even hear what you are saying?
you might want to read the post ...women dont taste good anymore after they have been all chewed up....they get spit out on the ground when there is nothing left only to get stuck on someone elses shoe........my grandfather always said, if you throw a rock into a pigpen, the one that squeals the loudest is the one that got hit....

Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
you might want to read the post ...women dont taste good anymore after they have been all chewed up....they get spit out on the ground when there is nothing left only to get stuck on someone elses shoe........my grandfather always said, if you throw a rock into a pigpen, the one that squeals the loudest is the one that got hit....
Like I said, it's no wonder you're single. LOL

Old 01-06-2011, 07:09 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,972 times
I love this topic as I once used to ask it as well. Women do want a nice and good man. They also want said man to be confident, be an active listener, knows what he wants and says so, is independent but sensitive, doesn't put his wants or needs ahead of his woman's and doesn't let her put her wants or needs ahead of his. He's a good-nice man who treats the relationship and the woman he's with with respect.

Nice guys who want to know why women are with a$$ holes chill out. If a woman isn't with you it's because she doesn't want to be with you. It may have a lot to do with your personality. She may just not be that into you. I say quit going after women that don't want you back and seek out women that do want you. trust me, it makes all the difference in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships