Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Don't expect anything and as much as we like to be admired, being put on a pedestal feels like too much pressure. I'm human and would hate to disappoint a man who puts me on a pedestal once he sees I made some mistake. Beyond that, be yourself, like yourself and don't put pressure on yourself and don't be an ass if you get rejected, you'll prove the girls reason for it, someone out there will say yes, promise!
The pedestal argument doesn't make any sense to me or work for me. In my opinion, guys can never have too many girl friends. Why would a guy want to put a girl friend on a pedestal if he didn't help "create" her and his name isn't Pygmalion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Besides I have enough trouble making friends with females due to their jealous nature so why would I make it harder on myself?
What do you recommend a guy do to not go out of his way to make women jealous on purpose? Sometimes it can be easy to pick it up from women simply due to the disparity in available sex for them when compared to males; as a less effective form of coping strategy and it sometimes helps, even if it is not how I want to develop my character or my attitude.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Most momen in America between the ages of 18-32 don't want nice guys.

Note that I said "most" NOT all.

Anyone who thinks most women want nice guys is a MORON.

They only want nice guys when they have been used up and abused by the jerks over a long period of their lives.
Good thing there are lots of men who are neither bad boys nor the so-called nice guys.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
ya, I've never played hard to get. If I want someone, they will know! If I'm iffy, I get to know them more before, like you said, before I show any signs of attraction as I'm not in the business of leading someone on because I couldn't make up my mind. thats unfair.
What about women believing there is more attraction than there is, simply because the guy wasn't getting laid? In my opinion, women are not doing themselves any favors by not factoring for sex with some guys.

Last edited by danielpalos; 01-06-2011 at 02:12 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
What do you recommend a guy do to not go out of his way to make women jealous on purpose? Sometimes it can be easy to pick it up from women simply due to the disparity in available sex for them when compared to males; as a less effective form of coping strategy and it sometimes helps, even if it is not how I want to develop my character or my attitude.
No, I meant when women get jealous of their girlfriends for the guy they are with. ultimately I don't care if other women are jealous of the man I got, I just meant that I don't go out of my way to create that jealousy. Pursue whoever you want, if the woman you wind up dating has jealousy issues, that's a whole different ballgame!

Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
The challenge is, I'm just another ex girlfriend to them. no thanks. if he doesn't value me, then why should I value him long enough to tolerate that fickleness?
From my perspective, an easy bad boy that you have already put your scent on is worth two nice guys in the bush who you haven't put your scent on; for return privileges purposes.

Some nice guys don't have any problems with women bearing true witness about stuff like that; simply for the sake being entitled to the character of a nice guy.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
The challenge is, I'm just another ex girlfriend to them. no thanks. if he doesn't value me, then why should I value him long enough to tolerate that fickleness?
Are you claiming the challenge part is that they are willing to be bad boys with all the other girls. You seem to acknowledge that part without trying to actually say so.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Are you claiming the challenge part is that they are willing to be bad boys with all the other girls. You seem to acknowledge that part without trying to actually say so.
yes, they'll drop me like a hot potato once a better girl comes along or they find something they don't want to deal with in the relationship. However, I have no way of knowing any of that until it happens so that's where it gets tricky.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
What about women believing there is more attraction that there is, simply because the guy wasn't getting laid? In my opinion, women are not doing themselves any favors by not factoring for sex with some guys.
Not sure what you're getting at here. are you saying some women give pity sex? that sounds like horrible sex to me! Sex is way too important to me to settle for horrible sex.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
No, I meant when women get jealous of their girlfriends for the guy they are with. ultimately I don't care if other women are jealous of the man I got, I just meant that I don't go out of my way to create that jealousy. Pursue whoever you want, if the woman you wind up dating has jealousy issues, that's a whole different ballgame!
I prefer women who can get their girl friends involved whenever she can't spend enough quality time with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships