Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:10 AM

220 posts, read 475,664 times

Advertisements

Why Girls Love A**Holes - YouTube

Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,082 times
Because jerks aren't wimps who placate every female desire and puts women on a pedestal. Stop putting a woman on a pedestal, then you will have success. Put your mom on a pedestal, not the average woman. White knight behavior is not attractive.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,955 times
I made it up to 50 seconds. The guy in the video is way too annoying. Once he said "The media brainwashes us..." I'd had enough. When all else fails, blame the media I guess.

Women who like bad boys typically have a ton of psychological issues, including self-esteem, daddy issues, etc. If that's the type of girl you want then go for it, but be prepared to deal with drama 24/7. Well-balanced girls want well-balanced guys, not jerks.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
The thing is, the woman love an honest man. One of the things about the "nice guy" is that he is trying too hard. He is putting up a false front. The "nice guy" is not truly nice. He is fake. The jerk is more real. The jerk is assertive. The woman rather be with someone who will not hide the fact that he is bad for her than the phony that tries to hide it (and she can sense it)

It's pretty much what the video says as well.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Because jerks aren't wimps who placate every female desire and puts women on a pedestal. Stop putting a woman on a pedestal, then you will have success. Put your mom on a pedestal, not the average woman. White knight behavior is not attractive.
Agreed.

Plus, if you don't care about the girl's feelings, you don't get hurt and you always have a good time.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
I agree with Matilda, but break it down differently:

You see, I'm a boy, and a guy, and a Man as well. Most of us are, in one respect or another, although for females it breaks down as girl, guy and Woman.

There are some women who will invariably consider themselves above me; maybe not initially, yet eventually they'll decide that "sure we're all capable of being smart" but deep inside (like so many of us) they know they're just that leeeeeeeettle bit smartER. Once that begins, respect is a slow erosion.

One becomes a "boy" in their eyes.

There are some women who enjoy my company, enjoy my intelligence, enjoy my silliness, my creativity; but they aren't attracted to me, and I'm a nice Guy to be around, to associate with.

And that's fine.

There are some women who see me as a Man.

And there are some Women who see me as a Man.

Opinions vary. Mine matters, and somewhere along the way there's a Woman's who matters.

Aaaaah, Life's never-ending variety. Vive la difference!

Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Agreed.

Plus, if you don't care about the girl's feelings, you don't get hurt and you always have a good time.

And you also don't have a meaningful relationship, which is what those "nice guys" seem to complain that they can't find.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Agreed.

Sure. Only if you do not want a real relationship.

Now... strictly for rolls in the hay and all the possible complications that tag along - things like unplanned pregnancy, STDs, etc. Fun stuff, btw - then you're right. No problemo. Knock yourself out with a 'good time' indeed.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
The thing is, the woman love an honest man. One of the things about the "nice guy" is that he is trying too hard. He is putting up a false front. The "nice guy" is not truly nice. He is fake. The jerk is more real. The jerk is assertive. The woman rather be with someone who will not hide the fact that he is bad for her than the phony that tries to hide it (and she can sense it)

It's pretty much what the video says as well.
What about the guy who is 'genuinely nice'? Or does that not compute? In other words, are ALL men 'bad'?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:42 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
And you also don't have a meaningful relationship, which is what those "nice guys" seem to complain that they can't find.
The difference between a nice guy and a jerk:

Nice guy: gets hurt when girls show their true colors and things don't work out
Jerk: expects girls to show their true colors and for things not to work out

I've been both guys (and, contrary to popular belief, nice guys DO get girls) and I've found that, hands down, being the jerk is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships