Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
women like bad boys because their biological instinct is to be dominated by a man

Oh please. That biological BS again. The standard C-D Relationships forum excuse to explain why certain posters are misogynists.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:57 PM

112 posts, read 144,577 times
It's not misogyny - just nature revealed.

There are two reasons that women want a man.

1. Protection

2. Intercourse.

to break this down further.

Protection includes: physical security, power over other men, money, status, emotional security

Intercourse includes: sex , mental stimulation (a form of foreplay)

Nature seems quite ugly when broken down into such a matter of fact manner, but this is ultimately what makes women tick.

So we can see from experience, that 'bad-boys' are more able to provide these requirements.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I don't think he's talking about princess types. Based on his previous posts he has disrespect and disdain for the opposite sex in general.
I'm talking about women in general. Don't put women on a pedestal, except your mother. The best advice you can give to a young man. Chivalry is dead so the pedestal should be left back at the 50's.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:

1. Protection

2. Intercourse.

Protection includes: physical security, power over other men, money, status, emotional security

Nature seems quite ugly when broken down into such a matter of fact manner, but this is ultimately what makes women tick.

So we can see from experience, that 'bad-boys' are more able to provide these requirements.

Nope and nope.

1. Protection. I'm 6'1, I can use a gun and I'm a decent scrapper. I don't necessarily need a man for protection.

2. Intercourse. I've gone nearly a year without sex and I'm doing perfectly fine. There are other ways (some that are far more satisfying) one can stimulate themselves without intercourse.

I want a partner, someone with whom I can share lifes ups and downs with. Someone to grow with.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 PM

112 posts, read 144,577 times
Chivalry is dead perhaps - nowadays you never know whether to help a girl struggling with a heavy bag or not.

so what is the correct thing to do here?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Chivalry is dead perhaps - nowadays you never know whether to help a girl struggling with a heavy bag or not.

so what is the correct thing to do here?
As her if she needs help. If she says no, move on. If she says yes, help her. The mistake a lot of men make is they just butt in and grab it...that's a no-no.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,476 times
because men, guys, are not allowed to be doormats, push-overs, lack spines, but women are

Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
First of all, the women who go after "bad boys" are usually pretty young. Most women's infatuation with "bad boy" types wanes as they enter their 30s and 40s.

Second, the image of the uber-confident, swaggering, macho bad boy is a powerful, prevalent image of what it means to be a man in our culture. It is not the only image of manhood we have, but it is a pretty dominant one. And that means an awful lot of women are going to respond to men who seem to embody that image. They may not always like men who behave that way, but like it or not, it is still their idea of what a "real man" is supposed to act like.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
First of all, the women who go after "bad boys" are usually pretty young. Most women's infatuation with "bad boy" types wanes as they enter their 30s and 40s.

Second, the image of the uber-confident, swaggering, macho bad boy is a powerful, prevalent image of what it means to be a man in our culture. It is not the only image of manhood we have, but it is a pretty dominant one. And that means an awful lot of women are going to respond to men who seem to embody that image. They may not always like men who behave that way, but like it or not, it is still their idea of what a "real man" is supposed to act like.
Which is why I'm so glad I grew up with my Dad. He's a manly man, don't get me wrong...he hunts, fishes, rides Harleys and is a mechanic. But he's also respectful, a completely sweetheart and a big joker I grew up with an excellent male role model and perhaps this is why I find so many men to be 'unacceptable'. I never responded well to the super macho men, or the whiny emotional ones... I want a nice balanced man. Those seem rare though

Old 09-27-2012, 10:48 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,998 times
Quote:

1. Protection

2. Intercourse.

Are you in a relationship right now? And if so, how old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships