Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I would never date someone who didn't want sex. It is important to me.

There are more than these two options:

1. Being used for sex
2. Remain sexless

Many, many people have fulfilling, healthy relationships and sex is a part of that.
But what about people that wait until marriage? Believe it or not, they still exist these days. Someone that waits until marriage is not going to shag her boyfriend. However, I know some people that were going to wait until marriage but didn't.

Would you rather be used for sex or remain sexless?

When I was in high school, there was a guy that gave me a hard time about my virginity and kept asking me if I had sex yet. I told him "some people wait until marriage" even though I knew damn well I was never getting married. I just wanted something to say so he would stop asking.

Funny how in high school, it's mainly the bad kids that have sex. But then in college, it's not just the bad kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 08:55 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
But what about people that wait until marriage? Believe it or not, they still exist these days. Someone that waits until marriage is not going to shag her boyfriend. However, I know some people that were going to wait until marriage but didn't.

When I was in high school, there was a guy that gave me a hard time and kept asking me if I had sex yet. I told him "some people wait until marriage" even though I knew damn well I was never getting married. I just wanted something to say so he would stop asking.

Funny how in high school, it's mainly the bad kids that have sex. But then in college, it's not just the bad kids.
I would date someone whose views matched my own. I wouldn't date someone who wanted to wait til marriage and I wouldn't remain sexless. Those aren't the only two choices.

I don't know or give a fig about high school anymore. You shouldn't either.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Usually, if you bear true witness to them for sex, they usually say no; so you do not need to, "not actually have sex with them" on your own initiative.
But they might think I was trying to use them for sex and want nothing to do with me.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:58 AM

380 posts, read 796,067 times
Quote:

When I was in high school, there was a guy that gave me a hard time about my virginity and kept asking me if I had sex yet. I told him "some people wait until marriage" even though I knew damn well I was never getting married. I just wanted something to say so he would stop asking.

Just an FYI even a girl waiting for marriage is not going to date a guy who never wants to get married or have sex. Shes not wasting her time with someone who doesn't want the same end result. So unless you plan on blatantly lying to her, the girl waiting until marriage isn't going to want to date you either.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I would date someone whose views matched my own. I wouldn't date someone who wanted to wait til marriage and I wouldn't remain sexless. Those aren't the only two choices.

I don't know or give a fig about high school anymore. You shouldn't either.
Those aren't the only two options. But being used for sex is an option. And you probably won't know at the time that you're being used.

I'm guessing you've been out of high school for longer than me. I graduated in 2009 and I have friends that are still in high school.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Those aren't the only two options. But being used for sex is an option. And you probably won't know at the time that you're being used.

I'm guessing you've been out of high school for longer than me. I graduated in 2009 and I have friends that are still in high school.
Maybe you will, maybe you won't. If you do end up being used, learn from your mistakes. It's not that hard to hold yourself to a higher standard and not let yourself be used.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times
Quote:
But they might think I was trying to use them for sex and want nothing to do with me.
Why would you assume that? If they say no, then you could claim to want to a friend and be put in the friend zone. Perhaps, you could even explain to them that asking for sex specifically excludes using them for sex; simply because you asked and they said no. You even have a good excuse if they want sex later; simply because they said no the first time.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 AM

In my opinion, a nice guy is a guy who does not become overly judgmental when some women are willing to test a nice guy, by doing all the other guys and not the nice guy.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 AM

What is an analogous equivalent to being a nice girl? Can she be tested by doing all the other girls and not her; as a form of female equality?

Old 01-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Just an FYI even a girl waiting for marriage is not going to date a guy who never wants to get married or have sex. Shes not wasting her time with someone who doesn't want the same end result. So unless you plan on blatantly lying to her, the girl waiting until marriage isn't going to want to date you either.
If I have to lie to get a relationship, so be it.

Besides, I've never heard of someone saying right away: "Do you want to get married? Because if you don't, then I won't waste my time on you"

Especially at my age, I don't think people are concerned about marriage. Just because someone wants to get married eventually doesn't mean they have to be looking for marriage material right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships