Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 12:54 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,476,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Why would you assume that? If they say no, then you could claim to want to a friend and be put in the friend zone. Perhaps, you could even explain to them that asking for sex specifically excludes using them for sex; simply because you asked and they said no. You even have a good excuse if they want sex later; simply because they said no the first time.
What if the plan backfires and they say yes the first time I ask? Should I say "I'm not serious. I was just wondering if you would say yes"

And if I want a sexless relationship but I get put into the friend zone, wouldn't that be a step in the wrong direction?

Last edited by city_data91; 01-12-2011 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM

There was a girl at my high school that shared my views. She said she's never having sex because she never wants a baby. She was a freshman when I was a senior. But I didn't find out she shared my views until after I graduated.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:19 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
There was a girl at my high school that shared my views. She said she's never having sex because she never wants a baby. She was a freshman when I was a senior. But I didn't find out she shared my views until after I graduated.
In other words, you are using a fourteen-year-old girl as an example of normal adult beliefs.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If I have to lie to get a relationship, so be it.
Wow. All this time I thought you were simply not understanding the woman's point of view (i.e., why would a woman waste her time saving herself for a guy who doesn't want sex or marriage from her). Now I know you do realize it ... you just don't care. You're willing to lie to some girl and string her along.

I'd be more horrified but then I remember you have had zero success with women so far. So they'll probably remain safe from you.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:49 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Oh, good God. Is this thread STILL going on?

It's really simple, guys. If you ever buy into the premise of this thread, it's because you're blaming others for your own inability to attract anyone.

So what do you do about it? Find out whatever your particular social challenge is (No, it's not money, either. It's probably about your ugly clothes, halitosis, or the inability to carry on a halfway decent conversation) and fix it.

Boom. Relationship problems fixed. I oughta charge you guys money.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Wow. All this time I thought you were simply not understanding the woman's point of view (i.e., why would a woman waste her time saving herself for a guy who doesn't want sex or marriage from her). Now I know you do realize it ... you just don't care. You're willing to lie to some girl and string her along.

I'd be more horrified but then I remember you have had zero success with women so far. So they'll probably remain safe from you.
If people have such a hard time accepting my celibacy, what's a boy supposed to do? Just because someone is waiting for marriage doesn't mean they only date marriage material. A lot of people date more than one person before marrying. In that case, they didn't "save themselves" for all their boyfriends. They just saved themselves for the boyfriend they ended up marrying.

If someone wants sex so badly, I don't understand why they would wait until marriage. If you like sex so much, just have it before marriage. When people say they want sex but they also want to wait until marriage, it sounds like they're just looking for an excuse to get married.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
In other words, you are using a fourteen-year-old girl as an example of normal adult beliefs.
What's so "normal" and "adult" about sex? Are you implying that this girl will change her mind and have sex someday? Plenty of 14 year olds have sex, but this girl (who must be 16-17 now, but was 14-15 at the time) said she's never. Why is it so surprising to you that someone else shares my views?

I made the decision to never have sex when I was 14. Now I'm 19 and I stuck with that decision.

At 13, I made up a story where I lost my virginity. This was the summer between 8th and 9th grade. Who would ever guess I would take a vow of celibacy by the end of 9th grade?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Heh, I don’t buy the sactimony from a guy who stated he would just lie to get what he wanted. If you really believed what you just said, you would be up front with a woman and tell her your true intentions.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:01 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I can probably count on one hand the number of people with really strong teenage convictions (vegans, republicans, hippies, feminists, etc.) who are still abiding by them 10+ years later. We've all been 18--trust us.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Heh, I don’t buy the sactimony from a guy who stated he would just lie to get what he wanted. If you really believed what you just said, you would be up front with a woman and tell her your true intentions.
The only reason I said I would be willing to lie is because other posters made it sound like that's my only hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships