Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:02 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

If you really do not care what others think you would not be posting anything on a public forum asking what random strangers think you should do.

Concentrate on youself and get to the point soon where you really do not care what others think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 04:54 AM

757 posts, read 1,025,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You've had a sleep disorder for 11 years and yet you say it will be gone in a year? How does that work?
I wasn't saying it'd be gone in a year, though I'd really wish it'd happen that way. I said I'd need to rest up for a full year in order to get my health and strength back to normal state even if my illness would miraculously cured on its own now.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You don't even seem that interested in women except as some kind of a "life accessory."
I wonder where you got that impression from?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
At any rate it makes a good excuse to avoid forming scary intimate relationships with others.
Well, that's an interesting way to look at it. I never thought about it that way. But no, that is not an excuse for anything at all. If a right person had come my way today and if I were healthy and able I'd certainly go for it and build something out of it. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Well, that's an interesting way to look at it. I never thought about it that way. But no, that is not an excuse for anything at all. If a right person had come my way today and if I were healthy and able I'd certainly go for it and build something out of it. Unfortunately that's not the case.
Have you made your appointment at the sleep lab yet?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF View Post
So do you think that if they knew this their views about you will surely change and they will stop speculating about you as you mentioned.I don't know,it might or it might not, but I don't think so.No offence but I think there is a good chance that they will continue to speculate/assume despite that.[MY VIEW]
Thanks SF for taking the effort to reply in a such a meaningful way. I really appreciate it.

For your question above, I've just found out that they won't. Someone here has already speculated about me using the illness as an excuse to avoid having a relationship. When would they stop? Human nature, I suppose.....

Old 02-05-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you really do not care what others think you would not be posting anything on a public forum asking what random strangers think you should do.
Actually I was asking what others would do if they were in my shoes, not what I should do. I know exactly what I should do and I'm doing it.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 3,416 times
Default Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Sleep disorder aside, you don't seem to really want a relationship except to have one so otherpeople stop bugging you. If you meet someone you like and want a relationship, you should see where it leads, regardless of your sleep disorder. When you get down to it, we'veall got a terminal illness called life. Yet we don't let that get in the way of what we want to do.

Love Joe's answer, we all hae a terminal illness called life!!! What do you really want? Would you like to be in a relationship? If so let go and see what happens...., I'm diverced many years, childless, many friends and it would be great if I met my match but in the meantime I'm living my life as you should....
hope you feel better.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:22 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Actually I was asking what others would do if they were in my shoes, not what I should do. I know exactly what I should do and I'm doing it.
So what exactly was the point of this thread?

Old 02-05-2014, 01:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
So what exactly was the point of this thread?
I thought it was pretty clear, and in line with what others create threads about.

"This is my situation, what would you do?"

To answer the OP: been in a similar situation, and recommend getting your health in order. People are going to talk regardless so do what you need to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships