Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:45 AM

766 posts, read 1,658,824 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just need some advise. So, I decided to try a second time at online dating. This guy messaged me last month and since we've just been talking on the phone and texting. Due to our work schedules, etc. we haven't got to met yet.

We have great conversations on the phone and through texting. For the last two weeks in January he was working a 3rd shift and I don't really have normal hours either. So, on Jan. 29th (Wednesday) we talked in the morning before I went to work and he said I'll call you before I go into work tonight. He shoots me a quick text that evening, just like a quick hi. I text him back and never hear anything back from him.

So, that Saturday I tell my BFF that I just want to text him. She says don't. I know I shouldn't have but I sent him a sarcastic text him the next day. Then on Tuesday he texts me back apologizing saying that his aunt died and that he hasn't been himself.

Everything goes back to normal conversation wise. We pretty much text back and forth all day and he said "If you're up around the time I get off I wouldn't mind chatting with you!...." I told him that was cool and to call me if he wasn't too tired (he works 2nd shift).

He never called last night and then this morning I get a text "Good morning beautiful hope all is well! Have a great day love!"

I really enjoy talking to him and thought we would be meeting soon, but I just don't know what to think. My question is should I even respond? I haven't responded yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Hi,

I just need some advise. So, I decided to try a second time at online dating. This guy messaged me last month and since we've just been talking on the phone and texting. Due to our work schedules, etc. we haven't got to met yet.

We have great conversations on the phone and through texting. For the last two weeks in January he was working a 3rd shift and I don't really have normal hours either. So, on Jan. 29th (Wednesday) we talked in the morning before I went to work and he said I'll call you before I go into work tonight. He shoots me a quick text that evening, just like a quick hi. I text him back and never hear anything back from him.

So, that Saturday I tell my BFF that I just want to text him. She says don't. I know I shouldn't have but I sent him a sarcastic text him the next day. Then on Tuesday he texts me back apologizing saying that his aunt died and that he hasn't been himself.

Everything goes back to normal conversation wise. We pretty much text back and forth all day and he said "If you're up around the time I get off I wouldn't mind chatting with you!...." I told him that was cool and to call me if he wasn't too tired (he works 2nd shift).

He never called last night and then this morning I get a text "Good morning beautiful hope all is well! Have a great day love!"

I really enjoy talking to him and thought we would be meeting soon, but I just don't know what to think. My question is should I even respond? I haven't responded yet.

Yes. You should. I hate it when people worry so much about responding or not responding.

Although, if it's that hard to meet someone it might be time to...move on..

Old 02-06-2014, 07:08 AM

I want to respond, but should I bring up the fact that he didn't call or just move forward.

We live about 45- an hour apart and have difficult schedules during the week, but we have weekends off. Part of the reason for the call was to set up a meet.

I just thought he could've acknowledged that he didn't call. And the text he sent was just closed ended.

Last edited by caesarsgirl79; 02-06-2014 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: add

Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,567 times
He could have been busy or he is stringing you along.

Usually men are the ones that have this problem lol

Old 02-06-2014, 09:32 AM

367 posts, read 697,431 times
IMO I think this guy will be too busy for you. You should try and find someone closer. He should be calling or texting on a daily basis if he is really interested.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:11 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
Your man is otherwise occupied. Nobody is that slack that they let a budding romance go three days without so much as a hello, I miss you.

Third shift? Second shift? Me thinks those might be the 'shifts' that he is occupied with his wife.

Aunt died? Please......he gets a demerit for inability to be a clever thinker.

Sorry. Move along. If nothing else, this guy is goofy.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:38 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Who knows. No one knows anything until they get to know a person in real life. Give him a chance and see.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmc66 View Post
IMO I think this guy will be too busy for you. You should try and find someone closer. He should be calling or texting on a daily basis if he is really interested.
Other than the instance when he said his "aunt died" he has contacted me every day. The distance really does bother me or him. We discussed that initially.

My only issue with him is the questionable aunt dying and the fact that he said he would call and didn't. He sent me a text first thing this morning, so it's not like he's not at least texting.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:02 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
So the guy didn't call you for some dumb reason. Just let it go. You're thinking too much about something that means nothing.

There's no exact schedule for any of this courtship stuff. However, you should allow enough time between the time he contacts you and the time you respond by at least 15 minutes, sometimes longer.

A day or two between messages doesn't mean disaster. And so what if he moves on? You can only date someone who is available. Just let things progress naturally.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Your man is otherwise occupied. Nobody is that slack that they let a budding romance go three days without so much as a hello, I miss you.

Third shift? Second shift? Me thinks those might be the 'shifts' that he is occupied with his wife.

Aunt died? Please......he gets a demerit for inability to be a clever thinker.

Sorry. Move along. If nothing else, this guy is goofy.
He claimed he was distraught over his aunt and I agree is sounds sketchy. He could have at least sent a text saying that he had something going on.

I really don't think he's married. It's possible, but I've talked to him on he drive in to work and I have talked to him at home. I'm just thinking that's not the case. Who knows how many other women he may be talking to as well...

Your probably right and I should move on. I'm just trying to tell myself that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships