Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 01:58 AM

65 posts, read 172,078 times

Advertisements

so today (Friday) by accidence I saw there were two missed call on my boyfriend's cell phone...both were females...one of them was not new as I saw another missed call from her weeks ago...

should I be concerned? he is very nice to me and says he loves me...from his day-to-day behaviors I really should not have any doubt about his feelings for me..but..the missed calls make me feel that I should pull back a bit...

how should I better cope with my feeling or this situation?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 AM

49 posts, read 200,359 times
I think for some people it's natural to feel jealous, even in situations that don't warrant it. Maybe you should ask yourself some questions: Why are you concerned that your boyfriend has female friends who care enough to call him? What was his relationship like with them before you two started dating? (personally I ended up in a sexual relationship with one of my female friends, but many are strictly platonic)

If you pull away from him just to elicit a response, that is just immature and petty. Think about from a guy's perspective- he wouldn't even know why you're acting that way and fret about it! And if your relationship is open, you should be able to talk with him about it.

Point is, a man should be able to have female friends without concerning his girlfriend as long as their relationship was always just that.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:16 AM

403 posts, read 1,563,345 times
He should be able to have female friends, as you should be able to have male friends.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:17 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
For my sake I don't have any female friends.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 AM

937 posts, read 2,833,587 times
Talk about it and find out what the situation is. If you don't like it, ask him to stop. If he doesn't, he doesn't care about you enough and isn't worth your time anyways. See where it goes. Are they chatting to hang out, go out together, etc? If so, nip it in the bud.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:05 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
I don't mind my boyfriend having female friends. Why shouldn't have them? And I wouldn't want to be the only female person that he's nice to... otherwise that would make him a guy that dislikes women in general and avoids them unless he wants sex and love out of them. And I have no interest in dating a misogynist.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:43 AM

but don't you think it is kinda strange? two calls from females on Friday evening(?!)?

Old 04-18-2009, 10:45 AM

he told me that he doesn't have a lot of female friends, and he mostly hangs out with his guy friends...it just hit me that he might not be honest about what he told me...

other than this, all other things tell that he does love me...

Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaha View Post
he told me that he doesn't have a lot of female friends, and he mostly hangs out with his guy friends...it just hit me that he might not be honest about what he told me...

other than this, all other things tell that he does love me...
I would be more concerned about the calls he is getting rather then the ones he missed.

I don't think the fact that he has a couple female friends should be enough to ruin a relationship over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrister85 View Post
I think for some people it's natural to feel jealous, even in situations that don't warrant it. Maybe you should ask yourself some questions: Why are you concerned that your boyfriend has female friends who care enough to call him? What was his relationship like with them before you two started dating? (personally I ended up in a sexual relationship with one of my female friends, but many are strictly platonic)

If you pull away from him just to elicit a response, that is just immature and petty. Think about from a guy's perspective- he wouldn't even know why you're acting that way and fret about it! And if your relationship is open, you should be able to talk with him about it.

Point is, a man should be able to have female friends without concerning his girlfriend as long as their relationship was always just that.

i know, he doesnt even know why i was kinda distant late that night... i dont want to ask him about this, because i dont want to be petty, insecure and immature...but I have doubt about being strictly platonic..

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships