Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,904,755 times

Advertisements

Professional Cuddlers/Snugglers continue to get a lot of attention. Just saw a segment about it on CBS Sunday Morning.

Would you pay $60 to be cuddled by a professional for a period?

Do these services have value?

Should the services be banned?
Professional cuddler: 'I literally could cuddle 24 hours a day'

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 12:23 PM EST Updated: Dec 12, 2013 12:29 PM EST By Ian Forrest - email

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - Would you pay $60 an hour for some cuddle time?
Portland-based professional cuddler Samantha Hess says her cuddle business can help anyone who is a "touch-driven person."
She says the cuddle sessions are strictly platonic. Clients sign a waiver before the session, promising to be clean, courteous and keep their clothes on. There's a meet-and-greet before the cuddle.
"I require each client meet with me in person in a public place so we can sit down and chat," Hess said. "They can ask me whatever business or personal questions they want and I can learn why they're seeking my services and ensure that they're looking for what I offer and nothing more."
Hess hopes to open a retail store in the future, but, for now, she says the cuddle sessions are in her clients' homes, or in parks or movie theaters.
"The areas that I touch and that can be touched on me are very simple. The guideline is basically anything that it would be OK to touch on a child is what's OK in this kind of environment," she said.
Portland police say Hess' business snuggles awfully close to Oregon's legal definition of sexual contact, but they don't plan to take any action against her.

Professional cuddler: 'I literally could cuddle 24 hours a day' - CBS 5 - KPHO

---------------------------

The SNUGGERY Home

WELCOME TO THE SNUGGERY

Jacqueline established The Snuggery because she believes in the healing power of touch. The Snuggery is a place to take a break from the hustle and bustle of life and focus on the simple restorative pleasure of touch. Though science has unquestionably supported the psychological and physical benefits of non-sexual touch, Americans distinctly lack it. It's time for change. At The Snuggery, Jacqueline provides individuals with private snuggling sessions. She aims to make the world a gentler place, one snuggle at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 AM

457 posts, read 605,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Professional Cuddlers/Snugglers continue to get a lot of attention. Just saw a segment about it on CBS Sunday Morning.

Do these services have value?

Should the services be banned?
Professional cuddler: 'I literally could cuddle 24 hours a day'

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 12:23 PM EST Updated: Dec 12, 2013 12:29 PM EST By Ian Forrest - email

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - Would you pay $60 an hour for some cuddle time?
Portland-based professional cuddler Samantha Hess says her cuddle business can help anyone who is a "touch-driven person."
She says the cuddle sessions are strictly platonic. Clients sign a waiver before the session, promising to be clean, courteous and keep their clothes on. There's a meet-and-greet before the cuddle.
"I require each client meet with me in person in a public place so we can sit down and chat," Hess said. "They can ask me whatever business or personal questions they want and I can learn why they're seeking my services and ensure that they're looking for what I offer and nothing more."
Hess hopes to open a retail store in the future, but, for now, she says the cuddle sessions are in her clients' homes, or in parks or movie theaters.
"The areas that I touch and that can be touched on me are very simple. The guideline is basically anything that it would be OK to touch on a child is what's OK in this kind of environment," she said.
Portland police say Hess' business snuggles awfully close to Oregon's legal definition of sexual contact, but they don't plan to take any action against her.

Professional cuddler: 'I literally could cuddle 24 hours a day' - CBS 5 - KPHO

---------------------------

The SNUGGERY Home

WELCOME TO THE SNUGGERY

Jacqueline established The Snuggery because she believes in the healing power of touch. The Snuggery is a place to take a break from the hustle and bustle of life and focus on the simple restorative pleasure of touch. Though science has unquestionably supported the psychological and physical benefits of non-sexual touch, Americans distinctly lack it. It's time for change. At The Snuggery, Jacqueline provides individuals with private snuggling sessions. She aims to make the world a gentler place, one snuggle at a time.
I wouldn't, and would feel bad charging that much to snuggle with someone. Maybe something like $20 an hour, but $60 is way too much for me to pay for a cuddle/snuggle.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:33 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
WTF is wrong with people???

Old 02-09-2014, 08:33 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,904,755 times
@ngroh $60 is kinda steep for the average person... economy hasn't recovered enough for those prices... I assume their clientele would be primarily lower middle and up, tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
WTF is wrong with people???
so you dont think it is a good idea?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
What about my boner?

Old 02-09-2014, 09:47 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Wow...OMG that just sounds so sad and forlorn to me. Just thinking about it makes me want to give my friends each a big hug, and the context of that just simply cannot be bought with money.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:54 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post

No.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,593 times
HAHAHA, another career possibility? I wish I was bigger and more hairy. $60 bucks is steep for just cuddling, I could spend the same amount and get a bigger bang for my buck, so to speak. I like the concept though!

Old 02-09-2014, 10:00 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
This is creepy as hell.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:02 AM

101 posts, read 159,062 times
I wouldn't pay a stranger, it's far too creepy. But I could understand someone paying for it. It'll be 13 years this year since I last had a cuddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships