Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Lower his standards? What horrible advice!

Listen guy! Don't ever lower your standards and especially don't listen if someone tells you that. This is your life and only you should be setting the standards. People tell you that you can't do something only because they themselves can't do something.
If I ever decide to date again (doubt it), my standards will be high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 07:59 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No, not really.
If you never see women you really like, then think of this way, you're not really giving anything up. Maybe you can try being friends with women, this can be fun. In theory that sounds like a good idea to me, but don't ask me how to actually do it when you're an adult.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:25 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If you never see women you really like, then think of this way, you're not really giving anything up. Maybe you can try being friends with women, this can be fun. In theory that sounds like a good idea to me, but don't ask me how to actually do it when you're an adult.
I can make friends easily despite being an introvert.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I can make friends easily despite being an introvert.
Then you're fine.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 PM

457 posts, read 693,974 times
I wouldn't say there are times I've given up on dating, but phases I go through where I don't want to/feel the need to date. Sometimes it's good to enjoy the company of yourself and no one else. I didn't date for 3 years after my first girlfriend and I broke up. Enjoy yourself. That person will come along when the time is right.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:24 PM

543 posts, read 534,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
I doubt that most of the women in your area are attractive...it's just that the one's who aren't are invisible to you. They literally don't exist in your mind.

Those women are rejected, but it probably doesn't count because they aren't attractive.
This again.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:47 AM

255 posts, read 407,364 times
I've given up, but I gave up years ago. No point in starting up now, I am 27 and never been in a relationship and I'm still a virgin. No guy is going to want a 27 year old virgin. I got rejected all the time because I'm ugly. So I gave up on my 25th birthday. I actually have less stress now. Plus I work so much I don't really give notice to it. It's other people who seem to care though. At work, they are always asking me why I am single and why don't I just meet people. I just say I have no time. I think it bothers my mother more than anyone but she just doesn't understand. She thinks I'm still young, but I'm not. I wasn't planning to have kids anyway.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:48 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I've given up, but I gave up years ago. No point in starting up now, I am 27 and never been in a relationship and I'm still a virgin. No guy is going to want a 27 year old virgin. I got rejected all the time because I'm ugly. So I gave up on my 25th birthday. I actually have less stress now. Plus I work so much I don't really give notice to it. It's other people who seem to care though. At work, they are always asking me why I am single and why don't I just meet people. I just say I have no time. I think it bothers my mother more than anyone but she just doesn't understand. She thinks I'm still young, but I'm not. I wasn't planning to have kids anyway.
That's a very sad story, the way you describe it.

27 is not too old to strike up a relationship and to still have kids. In fact, the average age of marriage in this country is 27, so if you started now you'd only be a year or two behind.

There is a good number of women who keep their virginity into their 20's. Of course the number gets lower the higher the age, but I know there are still some out there. You shouldn't completely give up.

People mature a lot with age. If you tried dating in your early 20's I think you should give late 20's a go still, the mentality of people will be vastly different in that age group.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:37 AM

255 posts, read 407,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
That's a very sad story, the way you describe it.

27 is not too old to strike up a relationship and to still have kids. In fact, the average age of marriage in this country is 27, so if you started now you'd only be a year or two behind.

There is a good number of women who keep their virginity into their 20's. Of course the number gets lower the higher the age, but I know there are still some out there. You shouldn't completely give up.

People mature a lot with age. If you tried dating in your early 20's I think you should give late 20's a go still, the mentality of people will be vastly different in that age group.
Well I've never wanted children at all, so my point was that it doesn't really matter if I get in a relationship either way. I decided around 13 or 14 that I didn't want kids, and I've yet to change my mind. Actually the older I get, the more I realize that I don't want them. I have nothing against kids, I love my little nephew it's this world we live in that I don't like. Also, I don't want my child going through what I did. I got bullied a lot in school for my looks, and there is a good chance my kid takes after me. I think it'd be rather selfish to bring a child in this world and have them be bullied too.

The only way I'll start dating again is if I happen to meet someone along the way. I'm not going out of my way anymore having people set me up, or doing online dating or blind dates or anything. If I happen to meet a guy and we both click then no I won't throw the opportunity away. However, I felt stressed all the time going on dates and getting rejected just based on the fact that I don't have a pretty face. Even though I do everything I can to make it look pretty. I've had so many makeovers, I've lost track. I am also very thin, and I wear nice clothes. People tell me my face looks like a guys instead of a woman's, and if I wear makeup they say I look like a man wearing makeup.

But I doubt a guy is going to be happy with a woman who is a virgin in her late twenties. It stops being a good thing in the early 20s. And I am not willing to lose it on a one night stand with some guy I don't know from a bar. I used to consider it, but a girl I know did that and ended up getting an STD. So that's always scared me since.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:55 AM

125 posts, read 195,844 times
Not sure if I have given up on dating. For the most part I think dating has given up on me long before I stood a chance. I always wanted to be married and settle down and have a family. None of those things have happened and I'm pushing 30.
I find now that I just go through my day to day tasks and seek advancement in my career as something to make me get out of bed in the morning. But other than that I just sit around and state at the white walls, empty and devoid of the things that I wanted.... Pictures of the kids, children's at in the fridge, laundry to be done, homework to help with and hugs each night before bed. A loving husband to see off to work, packing lunches and teaching right from wrong.

Nope, I never stood a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships