Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 AM

6 posts, read 21,554 times

Advertisements

was with him 5 and half years, a month ago he broke up with me, he said he wanted space to figure himself and his stress out. im heart broken. he is NOT seeing any other girls for sure. i assumed he would not talk to me, but he has texted or called me everday since the breakup. i have gotten nothing but mixed signals from him. he says he talk to me just to be nice even though multiple times i said it makes things worse. he has asked me to see him a few time for dinner, nothing intimate has happened since breaking up. hes contantly asking what im doing who im with, he shows up to places i am. he has said mean things like " its just stress to talk to you and we aren't even dating and im not talking to you anymore" only to to text the very next day. the most confusing things have been happening recently, he called me out of the blue to say that he put me on his guest list for a show he was playing (hes in a band). i don't know why he would even do this since we are broken up. but i ended up going and he stuck by my side the whole time and was keeping an eye on who i was talking to. it was a good night for the most part. but then he tells me that some fan groupie girl was trying to get with him and he wasn't about it, and he tells me he told this girl " no. i just got out of a relationship and im not even sure that i don't want to be back with her" speaking of me like he wants me back? why would he tell me this? so obviously the fact that some other girl was trying to get with him irritated me but i let it go for the night cuz i have no right to say anything we aren't together. the next day it was bothering me so bad i brought it up to him, he acted mad and said " well you dont have a right to say anything about whom i talk to cuz we aren't together" ok ur right i don't, but then i said to him " and how would you feel right now if i was talking to a guy" i got the evil death stare, point proven he wouldn't be happy about that. but then it was dropped and the rest of the day went fine. the next day he called me to see if i wanted to eat breakfast with him and i agreed, after eating i was dropping him off at his house and he tries to kiss me, realizes what hes doing then akwardly rushes out of my car. i was so taken aback i didn't know what to think or say, after awhile he texted me to say he was going to come by my house to pick up something he'd forgtten fine no big deal but then he stars telling me how hes not goinig to talk to that groupie girl anymore and he basically offened her and was mean so she would get lost. i asked why are you telling me this, his reply was " just letting you know your always asking whom im talking to" what???? then i texted him to say that i was confused, and that i can't be just be his friend and that i dunno if i can talk to him anymore i cant handle the mixed signals and that i feel i am being lead on. he says hes not trying to lead me and i ask him what is going on then. he said he doesn't know and doesn't answer, so again i say i don't think i can talk to him anymore. he texts me not even ten min after i say this like things are still fine and now hes asking if theres any favors i need from him and checking on me and all this stuff. im extremely confused, i love him and want to be with him and work things out. but i feel like a complete idiot for even thinking it. i still feel connected to him and im wondering if the same is for him. he's let it slip a few times he does miss me and does love , but this is all to much for me to handle, im doing my best to move on but i feel like a can't and im willing to wait for him and give him a second chance but im not going to wait forever. im just so confused as to whether or not he does miss me and wants to be with me but may be afraid to admit it, or if im being played, becasue this is torture to me. this isn't something i thought i would be dealing with being hes thirty years old and this is childish to me. i truly still believe he is the one for me and i really can't explain why i just do. so for now im trying to ignore him but it is hard at times. any insight would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 10:12 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Paragraphs are your friend.

Otherwise, either tell him to leave you alone and cut all contact or don't tell him to leave you alone and cut all contact.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:14 AM

6 posts, read 21,554 times
thanks

Old 02-10-2014, 10:21 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Paragraphs and cut off contact.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 AM

888 posts, read 1,099,608 times
Carry one of those boating air horns and next time he moves in, let him have it!

Old 02-10-2014, 10:34 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,761 times
He wants to string you along, but he doesn't want to commit in return. He wants the best of both worlds. He gets to be single and do whatever, but by giving you these mixed signals, he keeps you wondering if he still cares in an attempt to keep you attached to him. Basically, he broke up with you so he can date others but he doesn't want to see you date any other guys. This is nonsense. You should definitely cut him off.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:46 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Paragraphs and cut off contact.
I think this thread can be closed. I can't think of another better answer.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:05 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace001 View Post
thanks
Aww dang! I'm not reading that.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:17 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
If my ex ever tried to kiss me, I would throw up. And you said "he's not seeing other girls, I'm sure". Trust me, he is. Get over him, move on.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:17 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
Also, punctuation and capitalization.

The boyfriend doesn't really care for you - or he wouldn't be jerking you around for fun. He knows you are unhappy and he is getting some sort of entertainment from it. Don't respond to the calls or the texts. If, by chance, he "runs into you" and asks for an explanation, as to the avoidance, just be vague and say you have been busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships