Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 08:54 PM

136 posts, read 176,694 times

Advertisements

Theorem. Let X be the set of all attractive women and let Y be the set of all currently available women. Then X intsct Y = ø.

Proof. Life experience.

Today I was at Starbucks reading and saw a girl who works at the front desk at my gym. She always smiles and says bye to me when I leave the gym. I thought about maybe striking up a conversation with her. But I didn't, because I assumed she has a boyfriend. Sure enough, a guy who was clearly her boyfriend came in and talked to her after an hour or so. (Of course he had male model looks.)

This has happened so many times that I'm glad I don't even bother trying to strike up conversations with attractive women. Any woman who is above average in looks and personality is taken.

Searching for an attractive mate is futile, especially if you're not good looking. I'm not sure why torture myself by thinking that I have a chance with sexy, smart women. They just hop from one good-looking guy to the next one.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
Yeah all the goodlooking ones are taken. (Rolls eyes)

Old 02-10-2014, 09:00 PM

136 posts, read 176,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's true.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:01 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
This is so lame and ridiculous! I know a number of young, attractive women, and they're all available. They're busy building their careers or going to grad school. Maybe instead of hitting up service personnel (not this, AGAIN! ), you should get active in your community, try to make a positive contribution to the world instead of spending your precious life whining, or take some university evening classes, and you might meet some of these bright, accomplished, attractive and single women.

Of course, whether any women by that description would be interested in the likes of you is a whole other matter.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,765,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
I'm not sure why torture myself by thinking that I have a chance with sexy, smart women. They just hop from one good-looking guy to the next one.
I am not sure why you torture us either.

Didn't you give up on women about a year ago, complete with white flag gif?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,219,008 times
Quote:
It's true.
No, it's not, because not all good-looking women marry their first boyfriends, and not all women begin a new relationship without ending the one before it. The vast majority of women have not only had more than one boyfriend, but have had a period of time between each relationship when they were not taken. Your luck is that you have not managed to catch a woman while she was free.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,679,562 times
Let's pretend it's true what you said, at some point those attractive women had to be single in order to get a boyfriend.

Perhaps what's more accurate is that the timing has to be perfect. I often think the same thing about men.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:05 PM

63 posts, read 86,970 times
well OP no one is encouraging you to chase attractive women. and if you don't consider yourself attractive, social norms pretty much tell you to stay within you league.

i don't know about you but when i was a kid i always wanted a porsche, and i got one. then i wanted to marry an very attractive woman, and i did. i'm no george clooney, but i can't complain about the number of good looking women i have been involved with. and if i lived by all those social norm rules, life would suck for me. don't let life suck for you.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,720,874 times
Quote:
Theorem. Let X be the set of all attractive women and let Y be the set of all currently available women. Then X intsct Y = ø.

Proof. Life experience.

Today I was at Starbucks reading and saw a girl who works at the front desk at my gym. She always smiles and says bye to me when I leave the gym. I thought about maybe striking up a conversation with her. But I didn't, because I assumed she has a boyfriend. Sure enough, a guy who was clearly her boyfriend came in and talked to her after an hour or so. (Of course he had male model looks.)

This has happened so many times that I'm glad I don't even bother trying to strike up conversations with attractive women. Any woman who is above average in looks and personality is taken.

Searching for an attractive mate is futile, especially if you're not good looking. I'm not sure why torture myself by thinking that I have a chance with sexy, smart women. They just hop from one good-looking guy to the next one.
Don't get so hung up on looks, your goal should be to find a person with a great personality and an amazing heart.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,503,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

We have snake eyes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships