Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 03:07 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,665,622 times

Advertisements

There are many ladies in the USA. OP, you just haven't met the right lady, yet. It could take quite some time to find the right lady for you.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:31 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,797,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hey, but I thought you'd met someone. Didn't work out? I'm sorry to hear that.

I gave up. There isn't anyone for me, and I'm on the wrong side of 55 now. I think I will always be sad about it at moments, but most of the time, I'm OK about it.

I did have a moment of anger last week, because society still views single people as "less thans". I've been working on a big project that has required a lot of late and weekend time (I am salaried and do not get paid for overtime). I was sitting in a conference room with my boss and the program director talking about the next steps, and my boss said, "Well, it's going to probably require some weekend work, and those of us who have honeys at home are getting a lot of pushback for not being available on the weekends." Then she looked at me and grinned. They are both married and I am not. She was letting me know that I could expect to be the one to pull the weekend hours, since after all, I have no "honey" at home.

I was so angry, but as it turned out, coming in on the weekend wasn't necessary. But it wasn't necessary to say that to me, either, especially in front of another person.
Yes, I had found someone. Turned out she wasn't good for me at all. I considered marrying her. Now 4 weeks removed, I'm glad I didn't, but am lonely. It sucks.

What she said to you was really uncalled for. I'm a fish out of water in my office, as I'm one of I think only 4 single people in a company of 35. I hate it. But they don't talk to me that way, at least. I just feel like an outsider. I'm also jealous because I want what they have, marriage and family. I really need to just leave this city, but thats going to take time to figure out.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:12 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yes, I had found someone. Turned out she wasn't good for me at all. I considered marrying her. Now 4 weeks removed, I'm glad I didn't, but am lonely. It sucks.

What she said to you was really uncalled for. I'm a fish out of water in my office, as I'm one of I think only 4 single people in a company of 35. I hate it. But they don't talk to me that way, at least. I just feel like an outsider. I'm also jealous because I want what they have, marriage and family. I really need to just leave this city, but thats going to take time to figure out.
Yes, well my boss is a bit of a psycho. She sends these bizarro nasty emails out at night to her staff--I think she is home drinking when she sends them. So, it wasn't too out of character for her to say that, but it still stung a bit. Like I'm something less because I don't have anyone.

There are a couple of other, older single/divorced women like me at work, but most people ARE married. When they start all talking about their husbands/wives and their plans and their vacations and their social lives, I just walk away.

I'm sorry your relationship didn't work out, but at least you didn't find out after marriage. You don't need that again. I hope you do find someone.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
so in other words OP, you are making excuses for being alone even though you dont really want to be.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so in other words OP, you are making excuses for being alone even though you dont really want to be.
Yep.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
I know how you feel. I'm 42, Asian. Unfortunately I'm mainly attracted to Caucasian women, and for the reason you already mentioned, the odds are stacked against me.

Now, otherwise, I am quite successful. I am in good shape (marathon runner), make well over 6 figures, and an overall decent person. However, it never works out for me with dating.

The people I'm attracted to just lose interest or vice versa. It sucks...but I have realized that I will probably die alone.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:55 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Listen, op.
I know needle in a haystack.
You think you are looking for one?

I want a hot, feminine, fit, ultra educated, conservative, family-oriented, spiritual without being religious, athletic, well-read, professional, nice gay woman...narrow that down further by age and geography... THAT is a needle in a haystack.

I also have some racial preferences.

And I found THREE. Married one.

Keep looking.
She is there.
Oh, BTW, I did not meet them on line and I do not hang out with other gay people.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:10 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,604,347 times
First off. Heidi Klum likes black dudes. Just saying. She's smokin' and in your age range. Am I actually suggesting you call up Heidi? No, but I'm trying to make a point.

Secondly, five dates? Even someone with very, very lenient "standards" as far as appearance/race usually has to go on a lot more than 5 dates to find someone they really click with.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,315,656 times
What is so wrong with being being alone? People make it sound so bad when in reality, it isn't.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:57 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,467,452 times
everybody dies alone, you cant take them with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships