Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:17 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times

Advertisements

Borrow money from people, hustle, take some side jobs etc just to have a little spare cash. I dont spend a ton of money on dates, just walk around with a girl somewhere like the park or around a city. Spending big money is for guys trying to attract golddiggers/women out of their league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 05:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Borrow money from people, hustle, take some side jobs etc just to have a little spare cash. I dont spend a ton of money on dates, just walk around with a girl somewhere like the park or around a city. Spending big money is for guys trying to attract golddiggers/women out of their league.

I love CL for the weird moneymaking "gigs" it has. I've never done any "dirty jobs" on CL, but I've definitely done "weird jobs". Mike Rowe, do you read me?

Old 04-20-2014, 05:46 PM

oops dup

Old 04-20-2014, 05:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
American women seem to have too much power and social capital in the dating/romance world. Which is probably why so many older friends of mine (with more life experience) recommend that I look overseas for a potential mate. Not to say that green-eyed, gold-digging, ego-centric female monsters don't exist overseas, but I don't think they are as rampant as they are here in the States.
But I could be wrong, of course.
I'm guessing the quality of local women is not the reason your friends think you will have to purchase one mail-order.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:43 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Well any success stories of men who don't have their **** together, lives together but still have a girlfriend?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
They look for people who care about other things and actually have souls where others have big sucking holes.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:28 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Well any success stories of men who don't have their **** together, lives together but still have a girlfriend?
Sure, they could simply find a girlfriend who is in the same position.

These people on C-D are telling me that every girl they see out at the bar drunk off her mind is dating a doctor or movie star or multi millionaire? come on.

Let's face it, most of these guys on C-D with all these emotional issues, with nothing more to offer than being emotionally suffocating don't deserve a woman with her act together or someone well rounded with a good career. Women go to school and better their lives so they can be with someone who can treat them well and show them as good of a life as they deserve.

A person will attract who they are. If they can't get who they want, it means they're not there yet. It doesn't mean the opposite sex is superficial.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
American women seem to have too much power and social capital in the dating/romance world. Which is probably why so many older friends of mine (with more life experience) recommend that I look overseas for a potential mate. Not to say that green-eyed, gold-digging, ego-centric female monsters don't exist overseas, but I don't think they are as rampant as they are here in the States.
But I could be wrong, of course.

A lot depends on where and how old you are. The numbers are way more favorable to a 50-year-old guy in DC than a 30-year-old guy in the Bay Area.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:49 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,323,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Sure, they could simply find a girlfriend who is in the same position.

Be careful here. Some of those women (or many?) are bad apples. Malicious, psychopathic, drug users, etc. I know this from experience when I was poor in the past.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
same way other people get into relationships. They meet someone who does not have a concern with this, Or they have a similar life situation. With the exception of the very wealthy, Finances can be fleeting for many people at ceat negartain times. They may be supporting kids/family, A medical issue/car repairs or other life event comes up etc. People get laid off and seek new employment and their situation changes for an amount of time until it improves.

Main point here: Someone for everyone. We are all not fashion models with 3% body fat, perfect teeth and hair and piles of money in the vault. We have flaws, Some that others even find endearing actually sometimes. We have ups and downs, And we are also often our own harshest critics. When you couple that with what society projects as being "ideal" and what others may say about us one can imagine how much anxiety some of us carry around. It's always great to strive to do one's best but sometimes we have to work with what life throws at us. No one controls the mechanics of the universe 100%.Live strong and be humble is best.
I love this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Easy...you show respect, curtesy, kindness, and consideration...it doesn't cost anything.
If you believe that the reason you've not "been in a relationship" is because you have no money, you are your own worst enemy as far a having a relationship goes.
It's true. And if the person you desire doesn't gel with this, why would you want them in the first place? I don't mean that negatively, but just common-sensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Well. LovesMountains just posted something similar in another thread, so let me just quote her, as she is more diplomatic than I:
She's more diplomatic than the majority of us, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
To the OP just improve your self go back to college get a better job do what ever to make you situation better .

The 2nd thing you can do is just date woman that are broke as well.
LOL, that works, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships