Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you assume a woman with a ring on her right hand ring finger is in an exclusive relationship?
Yes 8 38.10%
No 13 61.90%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,955 times

Advertisements

If a young woman in formal business attire has a ring on her right ring finger, do you assume she is in an exclusive relationship?

Today in a conference room 30 minutes before a meeting I reallllly wanted to kiss a particular someone until I noticed the ring on her RIGHT hand, then I got flashbacks of the days in college where my roommates and I would make a game out of getting women in long distance relationships to cheat. Upon noticing the ring on the right ring finger I backed away. We were alone.

But I have reason to believe that she may have wanted something in retrospect. The first clue, she discreetly locked the conference room door. I didn't notice until later when two people tried to get in 20 minutes after but the door was locked. I got in before her and the door was unlocked. It is not the kind of door that locks automatically, which means that she must have locked it. Right?

Beyond that she has always given me signs that she is at least attracted and holds me in high regard to some extent. She always uses my first name in sentences when talking to me, and she doesn't do this with other people in work or social circles. Whenever we talk one on one she always compliments me. Also not her normal behavior when talking to male colleagues or out with friends. She always holds my gaze and doesn't look away until I do, and she is visibly nervous around me. Her tone of voice changes when she talks to me one on one compared with other people and she wrings her hands they sometimes shake especially if I hold her gaze and am standing or sitting physically close to her.

I have a strong suspicion that she is in a long distance relationship, I plan to find out through an intermediary. If she is in a long distance relationship, I'm torn whether I should pursue her or not for something casual. I want to have sex with her, and she'd be fun to take out on dates. The way I see it, if she is willing to cheat on someone she is dating long distance, I am doing that guy a favor because her heart isn't really with him. On the other hand, I have seen first hand the kind of damage someone like me can do to people's lives if I decide to be an accomplice to a cheater. Decisions decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Wedding rings go on your left hand.

I have never been aware of a ring on the right hand meaning anything.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,289 times
It's not your job to manage her other relationships. You need to give her the D. Unless, of course, you are totally misreading the situation and this will totally blow up in your face, as it sometimes does in workplace romances.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:24 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,922,759 times
Any ring on either hand that potentially fits the ring finger, is a fair indicator she's taken.
I've noticed that ,at least around here women don't wear much in rings any more. married or not.
Women in business want a man distracted with her availability it seems.
Why I don't trust women. deceptive.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:26 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
It's not your job to manage her other relationships. You need to give her the D. Unless, of course, you are totally misreading the situation and this will totally blow up in your face, as it sometimes does in workplace romances.
You have a point, especially about the possibility of misreading the situation. From my understanding, the "smoking gun" is the locked conference room door. Why would she do that? Everything else is secondary and doesn't necessarily add up to anything.

I walk in 45 minutes before the meeting the door is unlocked. The door is still unlocked when she walks in because she got in 35 minutes before with no trouble. 20 minutes before the meeting, the door was locked two people who tried to get in could not until I got up and unlocked the door. Someone locked it from the inside, it wasn't me so unless there was a ninja that came through the ceiling it must have been her.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:37 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,289 times
Get her out of the office environment and see how she acts. Find a reason and schedule a meeting close to lunch time and then run over the time limit on purpose. Suggest to finish the meeting over lunch. See what happens.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:39 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,955 times
It's the left finger for engagement and wedding rings. As far as I know, right hand is just decoration.

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Hahaha she's messing with you.

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
You have a point, especially about the possibility of misreading the situation. From my understanding, the "smoking gun" is the locked conference room door. Why would she do that? Everything else is secondary and doesn't necessarily add up to anything.

I walk in 45 minutes before the meeting the door is unlocked. The door is still unlocked when she walks in because she got in 35 minutes before with no trouble. 20 minutes before the meeting, the door was locked two people who tried to get in could not until I got up and unlocked the door. Someone locked it from the inside, it wasn't me so unless there was a ninja that came through the ceiling it must have been her.
Did you just sit there in silence during all this time before the meeting?

Did you make small talk? Why did you not ask her if she has a BF?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:55 AM

678 posts, read 1,064,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Wedding rings go on your left hand.

I have never been aware of a ring on the right hand meaning anything.
Not always, there are many European cultures (probably some outside of Europe) that wear wedding rings on their right hand, not left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships