Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:24 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,273,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
The odds of this happening again are next to none. I'm just enjoying it.
I agree completely
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 10:54 AM

So why is anything that involves taking action all masculine behaviors while being passive is a feminine behavior?

Old 07-10-2014, 01:53 PM

663 posts, read 781,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Because they don't have to be. Supply and Demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Older women are much more assertive than younger women

So would you guys agree that older women are more assertive because of supply and demand as well?

Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 PM

48,663 posts, read 35,163,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
So would you guys agree that older women are more assertive because of supply and demand as well?
Experience. In a lot of situations older *people* are more assertive due to gained confidence and knowing what they do, and do not, want.

In addition, they normally have a life, so if you aren't a part of it..... it's not a great loss.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-15-2014, 02:27 PM

540 posts, read 454,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
So why is anything that involves taking action all masculine behaviors while being passive is a feminine behavior?
Honestly because thats just how it generally is in most cases. There are exceptions but exceptions only prove the rule. One exception would be any male celebrity. Women are extremely assertive with them. I hate this mentality that women dont know what they want. They arent stupid they know what they want. It's just that they haven't found the guy worth risking rejection for. Trust me, if a woman likes you alot she will make it very easy to ask her out.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:29 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,643,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Most men would gladly accept an invitation to a date even if they didn't think the woman was good-looking. Contrast that to most women, who would find the vast majority of men physically unattractive and/or not rich enough and thus not worth a single date. We have a lot of men giving up on dating due to rejection. I know there probably exists a woman who I find attractive and who wouldn't reject me, but since I'm 0 for 3, I constantly doubt myself and am afraid of striking out more because it'll further compound my lack of confidence.
Hey don't feel bad, at 44 I would be in oblivion if I had to re enter the dating world

Old 07-15-2014, 02:37 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,645,841 times
Quote:
Likely due to patriarchal notions stemming from a society in which gals had less freedom then guys and were often regarded as male property that listened to the males in charge (father/husband/brother).

Old 07-15-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely due to patriarchal notions stemming from a society in which gals had less freedom then guys and were often regarded as male property that listened to the males in charge (father/husband/brother).
I like that analogy better, instead of using biology and science to back it up, well haven't we evolved way past the Cave times?

Old 07-15-2014, 05:25 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,645,841 times
Quote:
I like that analogy better, instead of using biology and science to back it up, well haven't we evolved way past the Cave times?
In my opinion not enough for this patriarchal notion to be disregarded no different than other patriarchal notions such as the master key/****ty lock. In my opinion the only evolution has been more laws to ensure 'polite' decorum as in no mass raping, murdering, enslavement. As in those actions still happen but we've 'evolved' enough to deem them wrong so they happen in private not massively in public with no to little consequences.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,271,046 times
Quote:
Allegedly God planned it that way.

Or mother nature.

Or Gaia.

It just IS, like the tide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships