Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 11:23 PM

260 posts, read 605,877 times

Advertisements

Incel Video: two friends part 1 - YouTube

Incel Video: IncelSupport Member, 40 (pt. 2) - YouTube

Incel Video: Incel Support Member, Early 30's - YouTube

Incel Video: College Student 1 - YouTube

Old 03-09-2014, 06:13 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,852,036 times
Hmm. Yea, life is unfair, huh? They all seem like pretty nice, normal dudes (except for the one who mentioned the mass murderer).

If I could go and give the younger guys advice, I'd tell them to work on their careers. That can help a lot with women. One guy has pHd in CS, so that can make him six figures. That might help him when selected women are older and want some security.

Other than that, just try your best and do the things that you enjoy. Some people just have lower odds of having/finding somebody.

You could put it on yourself and your own shoulders to even the odds or just kind of be content and enjoy the other parts of life the best you can. Either way, it's a decision.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:48 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,290 times
How come you didn't post any of the videos of women who are in the same boat (you can see them right there along the right side of the screen when you watch the videos posted)? Are you trying to ask something about the men specifically that doesn't apply to the women... if so, what?

Old 03-09-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
How come you didn't post any of the videos of women who are in the same boat (you can see them right there along the right side of the screen when you watch the videos posted)? Are you trying to ask something about the men specifically that doesn't apply to the women... if so, what?
The one with the woman is good. She seems nice actually. I'd go out with her. Her hobbies are odd though.

Riding roller coasters and surfing the web?

Old 03-09-2014, 07:17 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,290 times
The men seem nice too--like you said. I don't see anything "wrong" with most of them. Nothing more than the quirks all people have.

Honestly, I can empathize with these people. I went though a "dry spell" from the time I was 19-26 and it's lonely and stinks. But in the end, I was the one that had to pull myself out of it. I thought of that because it was the 40-year-old man saying no one was helping them... no one ever does with these kinds of problems. Relationship shyness isn't something you can really help the other person with... maybe you can give support, but 99% of the problem has to be solved by the person him or herself. I was the one who had to get over my shyness, etc. No one "helped" me.

Although I think things are much harder today for people. They can get comfortable behind the keyboard and (I think) are less inclined to put themselves out there.

I am still wondering what the OPs question is... or if there is one. Maybe he is just spreading awareness. Which is fine, but if there is a question, I'd like to know it.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
The men seem nice too--like you said. I don't see anything "wrong" with most of them. Nothing more than the quirks all people have.

Honestly, I can empathize with these people. I went though a "dry spell" from the time I was 19-26 and it's lonely and stinks. But in the end, I was the one that had to pull myself out of it. I thought of that because it was the 40-year-old man saying no one was helping them... no one ever does with these kinds of problems. Relationship shyness isn't something you can really help the other person with... maybe you can give support, but 99% of the problem has to be solved by the person him or herself. I was the one who had to get over my shyness, etc. No one "helped" me.

Although I think things are much harder today for people. They can get comfortable behind the keyboard and (I think) are less inclined to put themselves out there.

I am still wondering what the OPs question is... or if there is one. Maybe he is just spreading awareness. Which is fine, but if there is a question, I'd like to know it.
I think a big problem on this forum, and the world in general, is there is a huge divide between life experiences of persons, yet everybody feels everybody's experience is the same.

For instance, I'll read a post from a male telling another male to stop whining and then in another thread he's mentioned that dozens of attractive women have approached him or how many one night stands he's had. Or guys are asking for sympathy from particular women who have been showered from male attention their whole lives (who ironically are usually the ones least apt to give it).

I think it's good to give varying perspectives and get varying perspectives in life. Not sure if that was the OPs intention. Anyway, I have known about this kind of thing forever, if only because I was in that group.

As far as love, it comes really easy to some people and it's hard for others. Some get it in buckets full while others get it in drips People just assume those that struggle with dating don't try or are socially retarded and it's not always or even usually true. I think you just have to try your best and see what happens.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:21 AM

421 posts, read 677,163 times
They are all ugly and nerdy. All of them have glasses and bad hair. LOL!

Old 03-09-2014, 12:31 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Hmm. Yea, life is unfair, huh? They all seem like pretty nice, normal dudes (except for the one who mentioned the mass murderer).

If I could go and give the younger guys advice, I'd tell them to work on their careers. That can help a lot with women. One guy has pHd in CS, so that can make him six figures. That might help him when selected women are older and want some security.

Other than that, just try your best and do the things that you enjoy. Some people just have lower odds of having/finding somebody.

You could put it on yourself and your own shoulders to even the odds or just kind of be content and enjoy the other parts of life the best you can. Either way, it's a decision.

Some professor did his own research with students and non-students and wrote a book which I found on the dusty shelves of my college library. While his methdology was sloppy and would never pass peer review, his findings were quite interesting.

In his surveys he found that these guys avoid STEM majors like the plague, generally preferring soft and 'easier' majors like psychology. It is possible that these ds to killguys were too self-absorbed in their sorrows to have devoted themselves to a rigorous major like, say, math or engineering and/or they were seeking majors which afforded them opportunities to "find themselves" or perhaps to perform self-therapy. Their soft majors combined with their lack of social adroitness, tend to severely restrict their income-earning abilities.

http://www.amazon.com/Shyness-Love-C.../dp/0819161020

Old 03-09-2014, 12:59 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,029,172 times
Outtakes from the Asperger's convention?

Old 03-09-2014, 01:11 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,903,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
That might help him when selected women are older and want some security.
"go make some money, because the only time a woman might want you is when she's lost her youth and wants to settle down with someone who will still want to take care of her"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships