Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The approximate minimum you expect a potential husband to make mid career
150K yearly 33 23.91%
100K yearly 22 15.94%
75K yearly 29 21.01%
50K yearly 29 21.01%
$15/hr 6 4.35%
None 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 03:27 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,783,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
This thread dispels the exact reason why so many American men are fed up with American women. Women got their total equal rights and in many areas have far surpassed men with golden opportunities abundant. Yet, they still have their little list of minimal requirements the man must meet before considering a life with him. It's the ole cake and eating it too scenario.

It's why many men use you for sex, use you for a short fun fling and then marry a foreign woman later on down the road who still hold some form of traditional values.

I'm not being overly critical of women, but this is the playing field you've all created. And at the end of the day, to a man, American women are not any prettier, not any sexier, in fact usually the opposite, yet they stand with demand after demand after demand.

Any woman who comes along "feeling" out my financials, gets a few rounds of sex, (assuming I find her physically attracted) and then she gets left for the next sucker. Been there, done that and I refuse to date any woman after money. No thanks!
Bro, you sound very bitter/jaded .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 03:45 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
This should be interesting. Although I find this one of those things were women say one thing and do another. If the woman really likes you she will over look how much money you make.

You are correct here.

It's like asking a guy how big a woman's boobs need to be or what number she needs to be on a scale from 1-10 to get him to date her.

If a guy just happens to get to know a girl and she's really attractive to him in other ways, what "number" she is or what size boobs she has won't be the primary factor.

Not that someone throws ALL their expectations out the window. More that they are flexible expectations, but if you poll people like this here, you'll get the rigid answers.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:54 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,054,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
This thread dispels the exact reason why so many American men are fed up with American women. Women got their total equal rights and in many areas have far surpassed men with golden opportunities abundant. Yet, they still have their little list of minimal requirements the man must meet before considering a life with him. It's the ole cake and eating it too scenario.

It's why many men use you for sex, use you for a short fun fling and then marry a foreign woman later on down the road who still hold some form of traditional values.
Some of us are smart enough to never let that happen.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:55 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,491,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
The fact that more women are becoming primary breadwinners makes it a bit harder for men to attract women to get married/settle down with. When it's just dating or sex, financial status doesn't matter as much, but for serious relationships money matters. There is probably a correlation of the increase of women's income with the increased age of getting married, because more women prefer the man to make just as much if not more than her. Eventually a woman will have to settle for a guy making less than her because there just aren't enough men out there who has the income.

There's a few guys at my work who are married to women who make more than them, and a few of the wives want the guys to leave my company to actually get a career and earn more money. Not all, but some.

When the income disparity is so great, I do think resentment builds up and the wives might start second guessing the choice of husband they chose.

??? Why would women have to settle when they can simply continue to have lots of great sex with lots of hot guys???

Old 03-14-2014, 03:58 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,491,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post

Maybe women are using men for sex. But only the hot and the rich men.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:59 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,054,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Maybe women are using men for sex. But only the hot and the rich men.

I'd imagine the using occurs among both genders. Its not for me. I want more than that.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,776,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
So you've married and gotten the golden egg from every guy you've had sex with I assume?

Old 03-14-2014, 04:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,942,243 times
So those women answering 150k by mid career are making that themselves by mid career as well, right?

Old 03-14-2014, 04:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,755,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Likely /= is.

Exactly what or how much do you expect someone with a non-STEM degree and a dead-end job to achieve?
I assume you realize that those are two completely unrelated things. My ex has a degree in fine arts and had been out-earning me since he was 30. In a creative field, he brings down about 120K a year because he is talented, owns his own business and works very hard.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:42 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,155,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
So those women answering 150k by mid career are making that themselves by mid career as well, right?
I would hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships