Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby9856 View Post
I just googled it and found it. It really was under my nose all along... I feel so embarrassed..

I'll be checking that place out very soon! According to their website, they are having an event 10 days from now!
Yeah, it looks like a really nice place. Art exhibits, and all kinds of events. And don't forget, Russian Easter will be coming up (it's not always at the same time as Catholic/Protestant Easter), which means there will be a big community event in relation to that. The grocery store may be selling Russian Easter bread, you should check it out.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:09 AM

458 posts, read 645,634 times
Most likely in metropolitan cities or colder climate area's.
When I lived in Miami, Boston, New York, and Chicago, I constantly saw flocks of them on a weekly basis.
I think NYC has the highest concentration.
Very beautiful too!

Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 AM

61,880 posts, read 87,361,740 times
Here are some places where you can meet Russian girls:
St Vladimir Russian Orthodox
St. Jonah Orthodox Church
Russian Cultural Center
United Russian American Association
Russians in Houston ? Russian expats in Houston | InterNations.org

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2014, 03:48 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,437,942 times
I've dated a Russian girl. I wouldn't take it back

Old 03-18-2014, 07:22 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
So, your first instinct was to ask this question on a general relationships forum instead of doing a simple google search for your area?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:32 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
Most likely in metropolitan cities or colder climate area's.
When I lived in Miami, Boston, New York, and Chicago, I constantly saw flocks of them on a weekly basis.
I think NYC has the highest concentration.
Very beautiful too!
Seconding Miami

Old 03-18-2014, 10:54 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I think if the OP is assuming loyalty and honesty, he may be in for some surprises. Russian women are just people, like anyone else. Eastern Europe generally is brown-eyed, too. I don't know where he gets the blonde/blue thing. I also wonder what he has to offer the gf of his dreams.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-23-2014 at 05:48 PM..

Old 03-18-2014, 11:12 AM

50,945 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Snip. I think if the OP is assuming loyalty and honesty, he may be in for some surprises. Russian women are just people, like anyone else. Eastern Europe generally is brown-eyed, too. I don't know where he gets the blonde/blue thing. I also wonder what he has to offer the gf of his dreams.
There are a lot of blonde, blue-eyed Russians. I do agree about their sights set high, and I don't blame them coming from a country with the economic problems Russia has had. Many of the students that come here end up marrying wealthy older men (they really are gorgeous for the most part!).

I think for some reason OP thinks a gorgeous Eastern European/Russian girl is going to be more likely to make allowances for a guy not being attractive, financially stable, not socially competent, etc., but I would disagree majorly with that. They are not third world, they are very cosmopolitian, intelligent, modern and well-educated compared to many other immigrant populations.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-23-2014 at 05:50 PM..

Old 03-18-2014, 11:15 AM

678 posts, read 1,066,371 times
Oh Kirby, I too have just read your other thread...and you're going to be bitterly disappointed. It's been my experience that the majority of Eastern European and Central European women are not blonde haired blue eyed beauties. Although they are beautiful, most women have dark hair. Women from this part of the world are no "easier" to get than anywhere else in the world. Just because you're American doesn't mean that they are going to "fall at your feet". Also there are significant cultural differences that you'll need to deal with. If you're truly looking for a higher population of blonde haired women with blue eyes you'll need to look toward Northern Europe and Iceland but be forewarned that these are the countries that also have the highest gender equality index so the "traditional" aspect you're looking for will be much harder to come by.

If you are planning on moving to Eastern Europe or Central Europe you need to understand that not everyone there is going to welcome you with open arms. Although the majority of people are not anti-American, there is still that vibe with many people. Secondly even if you're not a visible minority, you'll get treated as a foreigner and you'll experience passive discrimination in some way shape or form. Also you can't just "show up" and just start living in another country, you need to have a reason to be there. Did you check the immigration laws of the country where you want to live? Do you need a work permit, can you get a residency permit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships