Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Single Moms need love too and don't expect for you to pay our way, we're strong and independent because we have to be. I just don't understand why some or most men hate dating a single mom especially if she is attractive. I don't get it.
Why would I want to deal with another mans children? That's not to say I would entirely dismiss a woman that has a kid, but we would really have to click. It's bringing a lot of drama and baggage into my life that's easily avoidable. Call it want you want, it is what is.

I honestly don't want kids, maybe I'll change my mind in my 40's but right now it's just not appealing. There's plenty of single women my age who are child free.

That said, there are gobs of men who date single moms, you may have to lower your standards a bit, but I doubt it.

Best of luck OP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
Need to consider there are guys who want to do the whole father thing from the get go. It's far less trouble to deal with a ready made family because as the dad you have some say in how the child is raised.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Back2MD, surely you know there are additional challenges to dating a person with a child, and women are frequently the main and sometimes the sole caregiver, so men's experience with single moms often includes some real limitations on the relationship. Since people on each side of any issue that's at all divisive will act like **** heads online, lest the internet implode, you're left with a pretty skewed impression of how people feel.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:25 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
And C-D folks say there is no stigma about being a single mom.

Let's see... We just reviewed:
  • dealing with another man's child
  • awkward morning after
  • don't like kids
  • inconvenient to your agenda

You all are welcome to your opinions and what not; I'm just pointing out that the stigma does exist. And, seemingly, only applies to single moms.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
And C-D folks say there is no stigma about being a single mom.

Let's see... We just reviewed:
  • dealing with another man's child
  • awkward morning after
  • don't like kids
  • inconvenient to your agenda
You all are welcome to your opinions and what not; I'm just pointing out that the stigma does exist. And, seemingly, only applies to single moms.
It applies equally to sing dads too... there are a few regulars that talk about it.

Idon'tdateyou is a loud vocal anti-single dad poster.....

Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It applies equally to sing dads too... there are a few regulars that talk about it.

Idon'tdateyou is a loud vocal anti-single dad poster.....

Yes, I know there are about 2 anti-single dads regulars on here... pretty skewed ratio.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:50 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Yes, I know there are about 2 anti-single dads regulars on here... pretty skewed ratio.
Don't let CD get you down if it is......... it's not real here... you probably know that already... in real life people are much more accommodating.

This forum has been completely overrun with a bunch of younger bitter guys... not sure what happened but it really has...

Not saying that there isn't nut job women here, but the men seem to be outnumbering the women in terms of losers, as of late....

Old 03-28-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Don't let CD get you down if it is......... it's not real here... you probably know that already... in real life people are much more accommodating.

This forum has been completely overrun with a bunch of younger bitter guys... not sure what happened but it really has...

Not saying that there isn't nut job women here, but the men seem to be outnumbering the women in terms of losers, as of late....

Oh, that is pretty accurate.

I saw this just after I read an OLD profile of a 39 yr old man that states "sorry mom with kids - I want my own, but not another man's"

Old 03-28-2014, 10:33 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Quote:
Oh, that is pretty accurate.

I saw this just after I read an OLD profile of a 39 yr old man that states "sorry mom with kids - I want my own, but not another man's"
Why are men total losers if they don't want to date single moms? Everyone has their preferences, this seems pretty silly to me. Kids are kind of a big deal… As far as OLD dating goes I think you should skip to the next profile if they have anything negative on their profile. Men or Women! Nothing is worse than reading about how jaded someone is. I want to date somebody upbeat and fun!

If a woman doesn't want to date me because I own a dog, or spend to much time snowboarding I don't hold it against them, I just get over it and move on.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Why are men total losers if they don't want to date single moms? Everyone has their preferences, this seems pretty silly to me. Kids are kind of a big deal… As far as OLD dating goes I think you should skip to the next profile if they have anything negative on their profile. Men or Women! Nothing is worse than reading about how jaded someone is. I want to date somebody upbeat and fun!

If a woman doesn't want to date me because I own a dog, or spend to much time snowboarding I don't hold it against them, I just get over it and move on.
Please quote where I stated men that don't want to date single moms are total losers?

What my point was, and still is, was acknowledging that single moms tend to be the brunt of the single parent stigma when it comes to dating - and, very coincidentally, I just happened to come across an OLD profile at that moment that proved as an example.

Single moms are told to lower their standards, don't be so picky, or just accept that kids are a deal breaker. Double standard?

On the DH forum, it is common opinion that single moms are "pumps and dumps" and otherwise need to be avoided.

I don't waste my time pining over men that rule me out because I have a child. Just as I don't expect men to pine over me for ruling them out as smokers. I get that. I am only voicing that there is a huge ratio difference between men and women on the kids topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships