Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever cold-approached someone (offline)?
Male, and yes 21 46.67%
Male, yes, but only at a meet-market where it's expected 0 0%
Male, no 8 17.78%
Female, and yes 13 28.89%
Female, yes, but only at a meet-market where it's expected or not that strange 0 0%
Female, no 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Sure, but it's been awhile.

I've been approached 3 times in the last 6 months; one was way too young, and the other two were trannys
Hahaha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 02:12 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Yes. I have cold approached 3 women. I was rejected all 3 times. Haven't approached a woman since.
I don't know why you would ever approach a woman anyway, since you have stated several times:

You don't want a girlfriend
You don't want female friends
You do not want children
You don't care much about sex.

I baffles me why you are on this board to begin with. Unless of course you are being dishonest with yourself and us...

Old 04-01-2014, 02:16 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You need to establish a rapport with someone before asking them to coffee.

I had that happen to me in the grocery store once. A guy appeared at my side, and said "would you like to get a cup of coffee" before I had even turned to look at him. I was married then so that wasn't happening, but at the same time, all I had was what he looked like in that moment and he was asking something of me. If we'd met in the checkout line and chatted a little, and I got a feel for his personality/sense of humour (and I was single) that might have worked. But just to walk up to a complete stranger and ask them out, no.
I mean, it's not really something I do often.

I get rejected by women I've known way better and with way more rapport over a way longer time. So, what are the chances that you're going to be able to pull it off with some random woman staring at frozen yogurt that you know nothing about?

Add to that the fact that I've never gotten a woman from a bar/club and I've tried that a lot. I think that has better odds than true cold approach too.

As a guy, I think you have to look at different approaches odds wise. How many women am I going to have to go through to get a chance? Is that approach worth it for me?

By the way, I really don't consider meetups cold approach. Cold approach means you are on your own in the middle of humanity, you haven't seen her before, you walk on over, take a breath, and start yapping.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:22 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You need to establish a rapport with someone before asking them to coffee.

I had that happen to me in the grocery store once. A guy appeared at my side, and said "would you like to get a cup of coffee" before I had even turned to look at him. I was married then so that wasn't happening, but at the same time, all I had was what he looked like in that moment and he was asking something of me. If we'd met in the checkout line and chatted a little, and I got a feel for his personality/sense of humour (and I was single) that might have worked. But just to walk up to a complete stranger and ask them out, no.
This! It should be a sticky.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What types of women are you looking for that they're irritable?

It makes sense to try to make connections with people even if they're not your "type" or you don't think you are. Connections and relationships make life go.
Blah. I mostly prefer keeping to myself or with my kind. Sensitive intellectuals tend to be grumpy much of the time, especially when forced to interact with those they don't already know and like. The success rate of cold-approaching someone like me (male or female) is almost zero.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Even though it's never worked when I have done it, I have been cold approached before and it worked. My ex husband cold approached me.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:36 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
I've never cold approached a woman.

I've read material on it, but it just feels awkward to me going up to someone you don't know with the intention of getting her number and asking her out. Even though I prefer the idea of cold approaching a woman, it seems like social circle (or asking friends if they know any attractive women looking for a relationship), and parties/events/clubs/bars is really the way to go cause those are socially acceptable places to try to talk to women (even if you don't know them).

Old 04-01-2014, 04:10 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

I've read material on it, but it just feels awkward to me going up to someone you don't know with the intention of getting her number and asking her out.

That's why you don't have that as your intention. You just chat and take it from there.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:25 PM

663 posts, read 777,923 times
lol...majority of females claims to have cold approached a guy...

I have never seen that in real life.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:34 PM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
lol...majority of females claims to have cold approached a guy...

I have never seen that in real life.
If you read them though, most of us said we didn't proposition them, we just started conversation. For instance, if the guy was wearing a football jersey, I'd make a comment about his team, things like that. You've never seen a woman start a conversation with a stranger? Maybe you saw them talking and assumed they already knew each other? No one said they're going up and saying "Heeeyyyy, good looking!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships