Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 12:07 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Anyone will reject someone they don't think is hot enough in their opinion.
Well, yes, that I agree with.

It's all about looks for almost everybody. So, if you cannot pass that test, the rest is just a moot point.

I think most women can pass though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Women(and men) are picky about looks and your skateboarder dude proved that. Everyone bases their initial decision off of physical attraction, why would I date some I am not physically attracted too? This becomes even more evident in online dating.
Indeed. Why is it that some women think they are somehow "more mature" than all males?

More to the point, there is nothing "immature" about being uninterested in someone you consider to be ugly. That's just how it works.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:59 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
If your not a man you know nothing of contant rejection we'll stop when you do.
You're full of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
How does me chiming in on a thread in public forum while passing time at work have anything to do with me being good or bad with women? I'm giving my advice/opinion, not asking. How did you even make that connection? For the love of god, what was going on in your head?
What was going on in your head?

Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
More of this alpha and beta silliness? What is a beta woman...an average woman? And a beta man is an average man.
The way I am using it is:

• alpha male: dominant. aggressive. pants. top.
  • beta male: if anything, passive aggressive. submissive or at least not dominant. pumps. bottom.
Since most women prefer to be submissive, they will be more attracted to dominant/top/pants people.

On The Real L Word (a reality show which was intended to show real life lesbians similar to what was depicted on the original TLW), someone said "there are only two types of people in this world, girls and boys", and they identified Whitney Mixner as an example of a boy, not because of her gender (she is a woman or "cis female"), but because of her behavior. She's an alpha, pants, top, however you want to put it.

Quote:
Plenty of average men and women get together every day. They even get married and have kids together.
Yes, I agree.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:09 PM

Another example of an Alpha Male would be Barney on How I Met Your Mother (played by the guy who played Doogie Howser). While the main male protagonist of the show would be described as a beta male or nice guy.

Barney, as an alpha male, gets a lot more mainstream women than his beta male friends.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:17 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Another example of an Alpha Male would be Barney on How I Met Your Mother (played by the guy who played Doogie Howser). While the main male protagonist of the show would be described as a beta male or nice guy.

Barney, as an alpha male, gets a lot more mainstream women than his beta male friends.
Neil Patrick Harris is way over-the-top in that show, which is why he's such a good actor in How I Met Your Mother.

That's not an "alpha male" that's an actor acting.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:18 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

That is SO easy for a woman to say.

The same is true for men.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:44 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek View Post
Dude, this is wacked. Weight isn't an issue in the playgrounds of Sunny Cali and the West in general. I've dated women who were plenty attractive, and more average ones, too, (average in looks, no weight issues) who said they hadn't been asked out in years. Dudes who think women have a smorgasboard of men to choose from all the time, or even some of the time. are dudes who don't know many women, methinks. That's all I can figure about these unreal ideas.
Quote:
Me thinks you live in a dream world. Not only am I good with the ladies, But I also work with almost all women. Attractive women that aren't going out on dates are doing so by choice. Trust me on this one grasshopper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
SO not true! Are you saying the the women who have posted on this forum about not being able to get dates, the threads started by friends of women who are very attractive but don't get approached, and the women out there IRL (like the one 49ers is dating this weekend) who don't get asked out in spite of being attractive, are all lying? Maybe you haven't been a member long enough to have seen all those threads.

And the guys who say they avoid attractive women because they either assume they're all taken, or because they assume they're out of those women's "league" have no role to play in why those women don't get asked out?

I agree with Zorba that in some parts of the country all this harping on weight is irrelevant to the datability of most women. The healthiest and trimmest women (people in general) are in parts of the Southwest and West Coast. The problem isn't a need to lose weight. The women here are trim. Part of the problem is an overabundance of shy guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
We get conflicting opinions on that subject here. In one thread Hot girls are lonely because men are too intimidated to approach them, then in another thread they are bombarded by men constantly . Which one is it?
In my experience, what I see with my own eyes, attractive women have no problem being approached by men period. I don't know what part of the country you people live in were attractive women are ignored by men, but that ain't happening in Houston. Now are the men that are approaching these women, are they the men that these women wish were approaching them? I don't know, but its a BIG difference between saying men don't approach me at all, and the type of man I want is not approaching me.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Neil Patrick Harris is way over-the-top in that show, which is why he's such a good actor in How I Met Your Mother.

That's not an "alpha male" that's an actor acting.
The character is totally an alpha male. Such men are very successful in attracting women.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:02 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Weight is extremely relevant to the datability of most women. If the number one reason that a woman gets approached is physical attractiveness (don't say it's not), than obviously weight is relevant, as most people see being overweight an unattractive feature. Overweight women still get approached by men, but being overweight can be a death sentence to a woman's dating life, if she's looking to meet a quality guy. Even overweight men discriminate against heavy women.

Also,this whole notion that there is an abundant surplus of healthy and trim people on the west coast is nonsense. This is America. We're one of the most unhealthy countries on earth, and regardless of where you live in this country, there are a ton of overweight people. I live in Seattle WA, which according to the members of this forum is some kind of an urban paradise with no fat people. I hate to break it to those that don't live on the west coast, but even cities like Seattle and Portland still have more overweight people than fit people. As far as CA or AZ goes, they're overwhelmingly Hispanic, which means there is a disproportionate amount of heavy women. Obviously that is an extremely un-politically correct statement, but any single guy that lives in LA or Phoenix would have a good chuckle over hearing that weight is not an issue with women in their area.
+1..........This notion that there are no fat chicks in Cali is just foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships