Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
+1..........This notion that there are no fat chicks in Cali is just foolish.
No one said there are none. There are significantly fewer than in the South and Mid-West, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 02:19 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Women(and men) are picky about looks and your skateboarder dude proved that. Everyone bases their initial decision off of physical attraction, why would I date some I am not physically attracted too? This becomes even more evident in online dating.
No, it didn't prove that. It proved that he was dressed in a way that indicated he probably wouldn't have much in common with the woman he approached. If he'd been dressed differently, she may have reacted differently. If it had been me he'd approached, I definitely would have reacted differently if he'd been dressed even in jeans, let alone something a little more formal, rather than teen clothing. The guy was attractive, he was just dressed like a clown.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The same is true for men.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

"As much as it pains some guys on here to hear it, it's not that tough to get laid if that's all you're looking for (and easier, still, if you have pretty wide-open standards for that)"

I think it would be very tough for me (and many others) to get laid.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:34 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
A key difference between men and women is that they often have the reverse experience in this regard. What you're saying is spot on imo, it's just the reverse for many men.
I think what you're trying to say(and if it is, then I agree) is that its easier for men to get into a relationship as opposed to getting random sex with hot woman. Women on the other hand, its easier for them to get random hook up sex if they wanted, but harder to get a relationship/men to commit. It's kinda like that old saying men use love to get sex, and women used sex to get love.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:47 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think what you're trying to say(and if it is, then I agree) is that its easier for men to get into a relationship as opposed to getting random sex with hot woman. Women on the other hand, its easier for them to get random hook up sex if they wanted, but harder to get a relationship/men to commit. It's kinda like that old saying men use love to get sex, and women used sex to get love.

I think this version is more accurate:

Women are powerfully aroused by love, and men fall in love with great sex.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, it didn't prove that. It proved that he was dressed in a way that indicated he probably wouldn't have much in common with the woman he approached. If he'd been dressed differently, she may have reacted differently. If it had been me he'd approached, I definitely would have reacted differently if he'd been dressed even in jeans, let alone something a little more formal, rather than teen clothing. The guy was attractive, he was just dressed like a clown.
Yeah, that's how it works in the real world. Looks, money, confidence -- these get you nothing if there is an obvious reason why you won't be compatible longterm.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think this version is more accurate:

Women are powerfully aroused by love, and men fall in love with great sex.
That's definitely not true. Everyone is powerfully aroused by love. Some of us, myself included, have a much harder time finding reciprocation than others, however.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:00 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, it didn't prove that. It proved that he was dressed in a way that indicated he probably wouldn't have much in common with the woman he approached.
Clothing that one wears is just as artificial. That is still basing things on looks.

Plus, personally, I don't want to be with someone who "has a lot in common" with me. I already have myself. I want someone who adds something to my life that I don't already have.

Like Paula Abdul said, "it's a natural fact, we come together because opposites attract."

Old 04-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
That's definitely not true. Everyone is powerfully aroused by love. Some of us, myself included, have a much harder time finding reciprocation than others, however.
Ok, so much for that theory!

Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Clothing that one wears is just as artificial. That is still basing things on looks.

Plus, personally, I don't want to be with someone who "has a lot in common" with me. I already have myself. I want someone who adds something to my life that I don't already have.

Like Paula Abdul said, "it's a natural fact, we come together because opposites attract."
Clothing can be an expression of the personality. It involves decisions & taste, and certainly can say something about someone. IMO, it says more than whatever your genes handed to you in terms of facial features & basic body type.

FYI, you sound like a very deep intellectual quoting a Paula Abdul song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships