Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 PM

36,623 posts, read 30,953,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Here we go...

Look, if anything, women tend to be more forgiving of physical flaws in men than vice versa. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "he's not perfect, but he's mine," and "at first I didn't find him that cute, but he grew on me."

You talk about men letting themselves go physically. But you neglect to mention those who let themselves go in the relationship. The number one reason women do not want to have sex with their partners is a problem in the relationship. It's not how you look. It's how you behave. If your wife works full time and comes home to a second shift of cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids while you sit on the couch watching a game or playing around on your computer, HELL NO she isn't going to want your hands on her. She's going to resent you--if she isn't too exhausted to be angry in the first place.

Take your woman for granted? That's a big NO, too.

Fail to show appreciation for the way she contributes to your household, cares for the fruit of your loins, and manages everything from paying the bills to Christmas shopping to your father's diapers? NO.

Talk down to her? Belittle her? Otherwise act like a domineering jackarse? NO.

Haven't had a Date Night in three months? NO.

Never take a vacation together? NO.

Spend every weekend with the guys? NO.

Come home drunk and gropey? NO.

Do you see a pattern here?

So before you go ragging on women, think about the dynamics of your own relationship. If a woman is happy and fulfilled in a relationship with a good man who takes care of not only his body, but also pulls his weight emotionally and does his part to keep the relationship alive, wild horses couldn't keep her away from him, even if she is menopausal.

It's not your bodies that turn us off. It's your behavior, including the crappy-arse attitude displayed in your OP.
Amen sister!

My ex got where he only wanted to have sex at inopportune times. Now Im as adventurous as the next but I get cranky when Im constantly awaken from a good sleep, especially an hour before I have to get up for work, or when my parents or friends and in the next room, or Im cooking with a kid hanging onto my leg, or I have diarrhea and puking my guts out. I'm sure my ex told people that I never wanted to have sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 12:56 PM

19,743 posts, read 20,300,567 times
I swear.. Some of these threads are just.. ??..I don't even know ..smh..

Old 04-09-2014, 12:58 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,220,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Amen sister!

My ex got where he only wanted to have sex at inopportune times. Now Im as adventurous as the next but I get cranky when Im constantly awaken from a good sleep, especially an hour before I have to get up for work, or when my parents or friends and in the next room, or Im cooking with a kid hanging onto my leg, or I have diarrhea and puking my guts out. I'm sure my ex told people that I never wanted to have sex.
Oh, yeah, that's a manifestation of an issue in his head. Heaven forbid you focus on something else besides him. I can see why you split up with him.

But that reminds me of another NO: Men who only touch or demonstrate affection when they want sex, like every kiss begins a lay. NO, NO, and again, NO.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:02 PM

36,623 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
What I meant is women commonly complain about house chores and how they end up exhausted every day because of it. Now add a baby/child to the picture and imagine. A baby/child is at home at least the first 3 or 4 years all day. Kindergarten is just for a few hours and then they come back home to make the mother exhausted again. That may be one of the many reasons why women stop having sex once married. Unless women changed their minds now and house chores are no longer terribly exhausting as they commonly say (or used to say). Again, there are exceptions.
I think it is women who are exhausted because they have all that to do after 8+ hours at their paying job. Its more their partners attitude and lack of involvement in their home life and their frustration with that than actual exhaustion.

I cant say I have ever heard any of my female friends say they were too exhausted for sex on any regular basis.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:03 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,288,291 times
TracySam,

Flaps of skin, some wrinkled, with fluids, bleeds every month, etc. doesn’t sound like a very beautiful piece of art, does it? But once we think about it in a sexual perspective and what it is IT IS something beautiful, pleasurable, fun, attractive, etc., at least for me and most men out there. Then again, we know asexuality exists.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
But that reminds me of another NO: Men who only touch or demonstrate affection when they want sex, like every kiss begins a lay. NO, NO, and again, NO.
I agree. It is bad for men to only demonstrate affection to get sex or for women to act as if they want sex just to get their men to buy them something, take out the trash, and so on. Isn't it supposed to simply be fun, pleasurable, etc. FOR BOTH?

Old 04-09-2014, 01:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,423,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
OK, flame away.

Do straight women as a whole actually LIKE men sexually? Or in any way at all? I mean, like and desire NORMAL men, not just the 5% that look like The Rock or *insert hot dude-of-the-week here*.
I spend time in real-life conversations, or on other web boards. Although you C-D ladies have ravaging libidos (proving there are at least a few of you out there), you represent about 10% of the women in the world, in my experience.

First off, while men oogle and even masturbate to gorgeous women, at the end of the day, most of us honestly do love and wish to have sex with our less-than-perfect (in society's eyes, not usually our own) wives and girlfriends. However, those very women find our naked bodies unattractive, or funny, or undesirable. Our male libidos are a subject of humor and eye-rolling during their conversations amongst other women. They rant and rave about hot men, and talk about how great sex is in THEORY, but then, when they get home, they never actually have sex with their husbands.

Women spend hundreds of dollars and bust their asses to "look" sexy, but don't actually WANT to have sex, at least not with the very men they've chosen to be with, or even build a life with. I'm not saying they cheat, I'm saying they're perfectly happy never having sex, or doing it 2 times a year when there's no excuse not to.

I'm not talking just about guys who HAVE let themselves go, who are 100 lbs overweight, or smell bad. That's one thing. But plenty of these are decent to good looking men, not perfect, mind you, but no less perfect than their own wives or girlfriends, who they DO still want to have sex with, yet they're not getting any at home, either.

I don't buy for a minute that ALL of these men just suck in bed, either.

I actually believe that women find the SUBJECT of sex fascinating, just not participating in it.
I BELIEVE, depends on the woman in mind.

Generally, I would say for the most part, because of evolution or biological necessity, women (generally, not all the time), tend to connect the emotional aspects with sex (whether or not it may be pheromone based initial attraction).

Me personally, seeing some hot guy with a nice a$$ giving me a laptdance does nothing for me. I need the emotional and mental stimulation- I need that "feeling" to get from A to B to even think about a guy in that way. Perhaps, it's my innate need to want to find a mate suitable for something long-term for survival and not just a random alpha dud who randomly humps and dumps from chick to chick.

Some women don't feel the need for the secure bonding. They rather have sex with random guys without the emotional but I think they too also feel attached to some degree and prefer the emotional depth.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Flaps of skin, some wrinkled, with fluids, bleeds every month, etc. doesn’t sound like a very beautiful piece of art, does it?

Sounds better than most contemporary art... and it tastes good.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
I agree. It is bad for men to only demonstrate affection to get sex or for women to act as if they want sex just to get their men to buy them something, take out the trash, and so on. Isn't it supposed to simply be fun, pleasurable, etc. FOR BOTH?
There's an easier way to get him to take out the trash. Just ask him to. And unless she's unemployed, she can buy her own stuff. These cliches became obsolete by the end of the 60's or 70's, roughly.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's an easier way to get him to take out the trash. Just ask him to. And unless she's unemployed, she can buy her own stuff. These cliches became obsolete by the end of the 60's or 70's, roughly.
You would think this ended once women started working but nope. Women can use sex, men cannot. So yes, there are evil men who would fake affection to get sex just like there are evil women (believe it or not) who would use sex to get something out of a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships