Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 01:14 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, yeah, that's a manifestation of an issue in his head. Heaven forbid you focus on something else besides him. I can see why you split up with him.

But that reminds me of another NO: Men who only touch or demonstrate affection when they want sex, like every kiss begins a lay. NO, NO, and again, NO.
I think it was actually he who had a low libido but to save face he acted all horney when he knew it wasn't going to play out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, yeah, that's a manifestation of an issue in his head. Heaven forbid you focus on something else besides him. I can see why you split up with him.

But that reminds me of another NO: Men who only touch or demonstrate affection when they want sex, like every kiss begins a lay. NO, NO, and again, NO.
This is a fine line. Too much touch, she wants to be left alone. Not enough, and she's not "warmed up" yet.

This was an issue in a previous long term relationship for me - not so much in my marriage, since we're more 'in tune' in that regard.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:23 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think it is women who are exhausted because they have all that to do after 8+ hours at their paying job. Its more their partners attitude and lack of involvement in their home life and their frustration with that than actual exhaustion.

I cant say I have ever heard any of my female friends say they were too exhausted for sex on any regular basis.
Plenty of men take care of many of the home needs as well, and still face that issue.

The real reason is that women need more time to "refocus" and relax enough to be receptive to intimacy, where men, well, we can almost flip a switch.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think it is women who are exhausted because they have all that to do after 8+ hours at their paying job. Its more their partners attitude and lack of involvement in their home life and their frustration with that than actual exhaustion.

I cant say I have ever heard any of my female friends say they were too exhausted for sex on any regular basis.
Yep. It's not the norm any more than lousy relationships are the norm.

Honestly? Things have to be pretty bad relationship-wise for me to not want it. I really don't understand how any healthy, red-blooded woman could not want the peen, just in general. Ain't nothin' like a man who can eff the sass outta ya, IMHO.

The irony is that good sex (not just sex, but good sex where both partners are left cross-eyed like, "What just happened?") really is the tie that binds: I'll forgive a myriad of petty annoyances if the nookie is regular and good.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:27 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
This is a fine line. Too much touch, she wants to be left alone. Not enough, and she's not "warmed up" yet.

This was an issue in a previous long term relationship for me - not so much in my marriage, since we're more 'in tune' in that regard.

Everyone has a different level of comfort with physical affection. I'm fairly low-touch, myself. But if the only time he touches or kisses me is if he wants sex, there's going to be a problem.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:29 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Yes, yes we do. I am not married, but I think married women have sex with their husbands considering married people have sex more often than singles.

How often do married people have sex? - WebMD Answers

Granted, I have more male friends than female friends, but with my girlfriends, I really don't talk about men's libedos or make fun of them. Actually, we hardly ever talk about sex. I think that's a myth perpetuated by TV and entertainment. Actually, I think the jokes about men are a myth also perpetucated by TV and entertainment as well.
I'd say this is rather the result of many singles being also widowed or single without anyone involved or in casual relationships, while plenty of "married" people are having sex because they are raised to think that they HAVE to have sex X times per week or something like that. I.e. having sex each saturday even if they aren't into it, but they feel that they should do it out of some obligation.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:29 PM

179 posts, read 308,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
I BELIEVE, depends on the woman in mind.

Generally, I would say for the most part, because of evolution or biological necessity, women (generally, not all the time), tend to connect the emotional aspects with sex (whether or not it may be pheromone based initial attraction).

Me personally, seeing some hot guy with a nice a$$ giving me a laptdance does nothing for me. I need the emotional and mental stimulation- I need that "feeling" to get from A to B to even think about a guy in that way. Perhaps, it's my innate need to want to find a mate suitable for something long-term for survival and not just a random alpha dud who randomly humps and dumps from chick to chick.

Some women don't feel the need for the secure bonding. They rather have sex with random guys without the emotional but I think they too also feel attached to some degree and prefer the emotional depth.
That's the thing. That emotional high, that feeling, that bonding, really only exists at the beginning of a relationship. Then, the relationship evolves to a level where there is a mutual love and respect. Therefore, the man, still stimulated sexually by women in general, and, his own wife, still wants sex, but she, loving this man, but, the euphoria of the emotional and mental stimulation inherent early in a relationship having worn off, has no desire anymore, even though she'd never think of leaving him.

How can a man create that euphoria in a woman who has known him and been with him for 10 years? There's nothing "new" he can do or show her that she hasn't seen before.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:31 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
while plenty of "married" people are having sex because they are raised to think that they HAVE to have sex X times per week or something like that. I.e. having sex each saturday even if they aren't into it, but they feel that they should do it out of some obligation.
Yikes! That's a real scary thought.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
How can a man create that euphoria in a woman who has known him and been with him for 10 years? There's nothing "new" he can do or show her that she hasn't seen before.
New isn't always better. Great head from an old comfortable partner is always more fun than stumbling this won't get me off head from a new partner.

I think that is true for both men and women.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
You do it by doing and experiencing different things in life.

You can't expect to be "interesting" if all you do is the same song and dance. You are not learning or growing as an individual...you "are" boring

Would you go see the same movie every night for the rest of you life and still enjoy it just as well as you did the first time 20 years later?

Last edited by rego00123; 04-09-2014 at 01:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships